What happens when you are banned from Snap?

Look, I know the answer; we've all been banned once from the Snap Forums, and so we know how our screen looks like when we get banned.

But in Scratch, if you get banned, you can ask Scratch Team to unban your account by using the text boxes in the bottom of the screen. Is that in the Banned screen for Snap?

Also can the mods ban your IP address as well?

That is not my case.

I'm not really sure, but I think you can still view, edit and create Snap! projects, but you can't publish or remix them.

Quick Answer: Yes

tsk Lucky. Have you been banned on Scratch?

If you haven't you're EXTRA lucky.

On my main account (which is not ScratchModification), no.

It's just following the rules and not doing something that can make moderators mad.

Lucky again. I got banned because some jerk accused me of being a toxic scratcher's alt account, who was banned on Scratch like 3 months before I was banned. I hated it. They even banned my innocent brothers and IP Addresses (They banned my parent's IP address and my cousin's IP address because I was constantly traveling to both places).

But I'll let that slide. That happened almost 2 years ago.

You shouldn't have to continue any fight. If anyone is molesting you, just Report them!

I CAN'T! They banned me before I had a chance to see what happened or do anything! The only thing I heard from Scratch Team was that "I was the Scratcher", and they didn't say it as if "Someone thought I was the Scratcher without proof"! BAHHHHHHHH!

It's not about luck. I haven't been banned from any website because I'm a good person. I follow the rules, and I'm just a nice guy. I don't post mean things (and if I do, I might come back to it and realize it's mean, so I delete it). I'm saying this so you can know how not to get banned on any website.

When I got temp-banned, it logged me out, and when I tried to log back in, a screen appeared that said "Account suspended until [date]: [reason]"

I’ve never been banned in the Snap forums. That’s because when i got banned on scratch for 3 days, I realized I should probably cut down on snarky remarks and jokes a little. Not trying to imply anything about you. I know it’s not your fault you got banned.

I hope that I decided to be smart and not send the appeal email I wrote. I wouldn’t want anyone reading that.

I've never been banned either, either not here long enough to do so or I'm too careful with how I speak and act.

Been there done that.

Yes it is possible. I had to email bh.

and the screen says

Well, at least I'm glad I can still view profiles (On Snap! and the Forums), posts (On the Forums), and other stuff like projects (On Snap!)! That's something to respect.

As with Scratch, well, Scratch would become pretty limited. You can't access the links like "Community Guidelines" with your IP banned (Or at least I can't), profiles, or studios! That kinda defeats the whole "Explore" purpose of Scratch.

OK, something I want to point out here: Scratch can also ban your school's IP address as well!
Here's how; a little funny story, so, basically my friends made accounts on Scratch and were ALSO accused of being a toxic scratcher's alt (Just like how I got banned), and they banned the School's IP address because my friends were using those accounts in School for the Computer Lab projects, because it was an elective at the time.

Then my School boycotted Scratch because their IP address was banned and so were all the hundreds of accounts that the school's students made (Because there were hundreds of people taking that elective). We eventually switched to other software like MIT App Inventor.

Sorry if that was against the rules (Taking to mods), but I did want to point out that Scratch bans entire school's IP addresses and can also ban for the same reasons. And those reasons, as with my case, were kind of illogical.

I haven’t and have no idea what it looks like:(

Yes, in Scratch and Snap alike, IP’s can be banned.

I know, not my question. No my account has never been banned or my IP but my schools IP address got banned. My school also contacted scratch administrators a long time ago, the scratch moderators take forever on appeals….

No offense, but you should probably be happy about that. It means you don't have a dirty record and a bad history on the forums! I wish I did.

I was just talking to my friend this morning how if somebody gets ip banned in the school everybody gets banned

Apparently I have a reputation of being annoying - bh

The :frowning: was for me not knowing what it looks like.