Snap! version 7.0 to be released this weekend

Several minutes ago, Jens made this tag: Release v7rc6 · jmoenig/Snap · GitHub

I noticed that the SEND block is missing from the dev version. Is this block going to be depreciated in Snap! 7.0?

Also, I noticed that sometimes when you click blocks with step enabled—this works with any block—the green flag turns blue. Is this a new feature, or is this a bug?

The SEND block is being merged with BROADCAST, which now has a right arrowhead you can click to say who should get the message.

As for the green flag turning blue, could you post a screenshot? What is a new feature is that the background of the button turns light green when a script is running.

It's cyan to me.

Edit: It's hex 99ffd5:
Screenshot (239)

So, more green than blue, which means we're both right, it's a cyan-ish green or a green-ish cyan.

It means we're both kind of right. And I see how you (not you specifically) could see it as light blue.

Fantastic !!! Thank you so much for this 7.0 version and the ability to play with Scenes !

I am testing it. How can I concretely send a value between scenes (for instance a wait time secondes: I want to be able to change the value of the variable times from the first scene, and this value would be the same in the other scenes) ?

I think best to raise this in a new thread?

Done !

Its out!

I'm also excited for 7.0 and to try it out!
One question, in previous versions, we had the reporter block called message that was tied to the broadcast block. It used to be right under the send to block but I know the send to block has been incorporated into the broadcast. In the 7.0 version that reporter block called message is missing. Is there another way to access that same functionality or is there a way to use that message block in the new version?

thanks!

Ask your question in a new thread to make it easier for people to search for the subject in future :slight_smile:

A workaround is just by doing
But the message reporter isn't completely gone. To get it, just shift+click the snap logo, and then go into dev mode.

Done.

Can you guys update Snapp! to support the new features? also, i think something was up with the Try [x] Safely library, something about "SnapExtensions".

And one more thing about Snapp!, i've been having issues with it not only taking several minutes, upwards of an hour to turn into an exe file, which i wouldn't mind if it didn't sometimes even return the file i'm trying to convert! ;-;

besides that, this new update is awesome! keep up the good work, and please update snapp so i can make my very own applications for my bro to use on his computer :0

1. Snapp! isn't maintained by Jens, Brian, etc. I forget who it is, though.

I think you're kind of missing the point of this change. The MESSAGE reporter was always problematic, because if two messages come in quick succession the first one will be lost. Changing MESSAGE to an upvar in WHEN I RECEIVE ANY MESSAGE makes it local to that script invocation so that even if another message is sent before we handle this one, this MESSAGE variable won't change. So saving it in a global variable just restores the old problem of the global MESSAGE reporter.

Of course we really should handle asynchronous events with an event queue... maybe someday.

It's entirely possible that I make one in my Snap! testing. (But I'm not going to right now.)

Huge Kudos!! to Jens, Brian, Bernat, the whole team for this milestone!

Thank you for everything!

I thought someone told me during Snap!Shot 2021 that scenes could be duplicated. Am I remembering wrong? Or am I missing how they are duplicated?