Snap! version 7.0 to be released this weekend

I guess you could export and re-import one, via the context menu.

Yes, that is what I thought. But duplication would be much easier

Eh. Syntactic sugar. :~) Maybe someday.

I know you don't agree with me on this, but to me syntactic sugar is 90% of computer programming when your audience (my audience) is made of students that wanted to study something completely different (in Italy there is not majoring and minoring; 90% of the courses of a degree is compulsory, computer science is among them). So, everything they think "why this is not easier?" MUST be easy from start. Only in this way, moving from PHP to Logo to Scratch and Snap I got a big part of my "humanistic" students interested in developing complex and interesting projects right after their first 3 months course in programming.

No, I do! That's the whole reason for Snap! (as opposed to Scheme). We put a ton of effort into trying to get the UI right for every little detail. And I expect we'll get around to a syntax for duplicating scenes. But this is a brand new feature, and you can't expect us to get it perfect first time out the door.

I don't expect this. So, it is excellent to me that you are working (even) on this :slightly_smiling_face:

alright

Pretty cool, the scenes and custom categories is the one that I got my eyes on. Looking forward towards it's release.

It is already released.

Which block can you do that with? It seems like a way to transfer scripts between scenes with transforming into syntactic elements when sending then untransforming after sent, which is nice to have.

The SPLIT BY block.

Snap!IntrospectionSplit
Snap!IntrospectionSplitResult 2

But you can't send lists or blocks between scenes, and it'll make Jens happy if you build cool projects just sending plain text instead of trying to work around this limitation.

For now, if you need the same blocks in a bunch of scenes, make a library (Export blocks) and load it into each scene. You're not going to have 100 scenes anyway because of the size limit.

hieee

Well guess what. I just finished my reverse codification project.