Snap 7.0 feature hunt!

Caught me by surprise when it autostarted!!!

Yeah. It could be a security issue. But it's pretty cool nonetheless.

added some stuff.

off topic: I can do this:

I didn't even post this!

wdym?

Your right.

look. I can quote someone and change the name to someone else.

sirhopsalot actually posted the second one.

LOL. But yeah that's the issue.

I like it.
how do you like the stuff I found?

Is there, or will be, a way to select the scene without triggering the "when switched..." (Shift, Ctrl, Alt ...) ? It's quite annoying when your scene starts to move when you try to edit it.

I agree and I'm having second thoughts about the "When switched to this scene" hat block, might take it out altogether and use the general "When I receive" block instead.

I have an idea that might work.

When the scene switches using the switch to scene block, it triggers the when switched to this scene block, but when you switch scenes using the ui, it doesn't trigger it.

yeah, that's what I had first. Right now I'm experimenting with something different altogether: I've taken out the "when switched to this scene" hat block, instead whichever hat blocks respond to the optional message that you send along get triggered. That way, if you manually switch to another scene, no event is fired at all.

How do you send messages between scenes then..?

I looked at the dev version, and I think it might be better than before. I actually like how you can broadcast a message instead.

I do have a question, how would I make a variable be available in any scene?

@jens, what happened to the [scratchblocks]
(message::control)
[/scratchblocks] block?

He removed it.

Obviously, but why?

you can now access the message inside each When I receive hat block, if you expand it using the right arrow.

Hmm, but what if you want to access the message from another script?

I'm still thinking about how to pass data between scenes. Currently you can use the message-sending mechanism to pass simple data, and you can encode / decode it for more complex structs. In order to pass the current score from one level of a game to the next, the source scene might send this:

send_data

and the target scene might receive this:

receive_data