Introducing the Hyposyn Development Program! (HDP)

oh cool!

Lol, I remember using my school account for repl.it. I wasn't 13 yet. I even put my real name on it. @programmer_user knows about it because I literally made a repl.it project, calling it a coding software, and then @programmer_user comes in and starts his conversation.

I was really pissed by that back then but looking at it now I feel like I deserved it. The conversation was kind of cringe but VERY funny.

And then 1 year later the mods shut my account down because I wasn't 13 yet. They told me that they would reopen it in a few years once I was 13.

Now that I am 14, however, I didn't get the account back because my OLD school account got terminated once I switched school districts. That was a shame, but, you just got to move on.

i know, i love it, except its blocked D:

rip :skull:

can you upload a copy of it to github? so i can make a netlify and github.io port of the website?

it looks white with text because i block scripts on most websites and your website uses a script for css?
please don't do this just write regular css
i even went on the website for tailwindcss to read about it, the guy that made it only did it because he doesn't know how to write css properly

i have a website myself, writing proper css for it doesn't take long, and this is with being extremely picky

@media not print {
	body {background-color:black; background-image:url("/bg/black-1.png"); color:white}
	:link {color:#8ff}
	:visited {color:#f8f}
}
body {margin:0; font-family:"Droid Serif","Georgia",serif; line-height:1.5em; display:flex}
main {flex-grow:1; margin:8px}
aside {width:33%; max-width:80vh}

/* indent headers */
h1 ~ *:not(h1) {margin-left:2rem}
h2 ~ *:not(h1,h2) {margin-left:4rem}
h3 ~ *:not(h1,h2,h3) {margin-left:6rem}
h4 ~ *:not(h1,h2,h3,h4) {margin-left:8rem}
h5 ~ *:not(h1,h2,h3,h4,h5) {margin-left:10rem}
h6 ~ *:not(h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6) {margin-left:12rem}

for reference my html is something like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
</head>
<body>
	<main>
		(<h1>, <h2>, <p>, etc., generally just semantic text elements)
	</main>
	<aside>
		(sidebar stuff, i have some images and buttons here)
	</aside>
</body>

note that you definetly shouldn't do things like this:

this should just be an <h1> styled appropriately.
the center tag isn't even well supported, it's from html4 and has been deprecated for years.

It’s not complete yet.

ik

The guy who made it is a well know UI designer, it is the type of CSS I use and there are other ways to implement it not using <script>. I use it because I don’t want to learn CSS full on at the moment. Plus I like sticking to just HTML.

Second of all font sizing goes beyond header sizes and is the exact same as using header sizes.

Another thing: I could use Tailwind CsSS text-center but you hate that, then I can use <center>, it works right? Yup.

Also: Remake the current state of Hyposyn Software’s website using only HTML and CSS. All the shadows, all the rounding, fixation. It will likely be longer!

I don’t want to learn CSS3, I’ll stick with Tailwind for now.

tailwind centering would be better because it isn't deprecated, and an h1 would be semantic, so it would work better with screen readers. center tag doesn't work in all browsers and it'll lose more and more support over time. not everyone uses chrome, firefox, and safari (to be clear, edge, opera, vivaldi, and brave are all still just chrome), and just because you have the most common setup doesn't mean it's everyone's setup or ever could be.

if you want to just put all your styling on your elements you could just use the style properties, like <tag style="color: red">
i don't think this is any harder than learning all the classes that tailwind uses, and definitely easier than learning both.

nice! keep it up! for example, instead of class="bg-gray-700" (what does 700 even mean?), you could do style="background: grey" (or any color code! classes can't do that)

basically every class tag that tailwind uses is literally just a css property, but with less ability. that includes the shadows, it's just called a drop shadow.

I don’t use either of those.

I do do that! Look at most websites I have made that have a background or div color. I also use that for text coloring on most websites.

Check the chat please.

i want to join

alright

alright ill add you on the website.

wait you just left????

Screenshot 2022-10-26 8.15.04 AM
Do you see something wrong here?
Yeah, all of these files are not put into their own dedicated folder. It's good practice to organize your files.

I'll fix that now.

I'd also like to mention that the Copyright at the bottom of the site isn't valid due to the fact that all public Repls are under the MIT license, which states:

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

You should probably remove the Copyright part at the end of the page.

You should also make the profile images dynamic so that if the user changes their image it will change on the site too.