EZMod: Development

Not if you make it up from scratch!

This seems cool, but how is it supposed to work? is it like roblox or something?

Welcome to the :snap: forums, and welcome to EZMod!

Yes. You're going to be able to make 2D games for now, but later we will add 3D game support like Roblox, too.

cool, but is it going to be like cloud on the games page, if I can, I'd like to help. I am pretty good at scratch and I am confident with snap! after reading the entire manual lol. I am following a griffpatch tutorial to make a game editor like mario maker, so I might me able to use some of that, and saving custom costumes with pen seems like it could be cool. Also, will you be able to save games as text to share on the forums? really excited to see what it will be like, can't wait to create a game!

When will "later" be?

My DevSquare Game Engine is dead :(

I'm so sad

I checked it out, but its kinda broken, and the topics havent been posted on for months, I can help if u want tho to make it um... not dead lol

Exactly.

That would be great!

YES.

Good idea!

Sure! It seems like you have some great ideas!

When we get to it. I'm trying to focus on UI and stuff for now.

I'm doing the custom costumes thing, because I have had this idea for a while now.

I'm gonna try to do the saving function you want to make.

But first, I need to make a prototype test to ensure that it works.

Will this include a good implementation of hitboxes. I have been wanting to make a Smash-like game for a while, and these features would be so very useful. If you need help I can involve myself, but I am much more experienced with Scratch than the Snap! features not in Scratch.

@coder_07 Pen Costumes?

@coder_07 Here's a prototype of the saving algorithm I made.
It's very inefficient, but, it's still just a prototype.

https://snap.berkeley.edu/project?user=slate%20technologies&project=Saving%20PROTOTYPE

Could we use cloud variables to save thumbnails, titles, and links to projects on the "Play" page?

Yes.

Probably.

yea but we need a good server for that tho, probably a database that we make calls to with url block,

Sigh. More work for me, I guess.