Custom Blocks 2: By Joecooldoo

I made another custom blocks project!
https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=joecooldoo&ProjectName=Custom%20Blocks%202

did you use any special characters in a block?

No.

Well, a question mark. But thats it.

well, do you remember what you did right before you ran into the problem? It would really help with detecting the problem.

I was making a recreation of the [scratchblocks]<key [ v] pressed?>[/scratchblocks] block, and when I clicked "Apply", the button for "Apply" stopped working, and so did the "OK" button. I clicked "Cancel". As soon as I did that, the "Sensing" category disappeared.

well, I managed to edit the xml and delete the block, and it works. I'll try to see what could cause the problem
(and here's the fixed project Snap! 6.9.2 Build Your Own Blocks)

Oh, thanks! I updated the project now.

Did it look something like this?:
untitled script pic (56)

It had a menu with all the letters, symbols, and keys such as TAB, SHIFT, ENTER, etc.

I mean when you clicked "Apply", when "Apply" stopped working.

When I clicked apply, the block in the pallette did not update.

If it was an error in the input, it would have looked like what I showed, which had input options

a={
sjhgfc=sdfjhgjcsdhfkjhscf
}
,ff,g,fg,f,g,f,g,df,g03`8-04=328=4`8235092485`90=2845-13485-05
';';';
[\][\[]\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\][\]
function ={
return {
asdf
}
}

It was the function ={ return { asdf } } that made my test bug like that.

well, here's the options taken directly from the xml file

0&#xD;1&#xD;2&#xD;3&#xD;4&#xD;5&#xD;6&#xD;7&#xD;8&#xD;9&#xD;any key&#xD;up arrow&#xD;down arrow&#xD;right arrow&#xD;left arrow&#xD;space&#xD;+&#xD;-&#xD;a&#xD;b&#xD;c&#xD;d&#xD;e&#xD;f&#xD;g&#xD;h&#xD;i&#xD;j&#xD;k&#xD;l&#xD;m&#xD;n&#xD;o&#xD;p&#xD;q&#xD;r&#xD;s&#xD;t&#xD;u&#xD;v&#xD;w&#xD;x&#xD;y&#xD;z&#xD;tab&#xD;alt&#xD;backspace&#xD;shift&#xD;~&#xD;!&#xD;@&#xD;#&#xD;$&#xD;%&#xD;^&#xD;&amp;&#xD;*&#xD;(&#xD;)&#xD;_&#xD;+&#xD;`&#xD;-&#xD;=&#xD;{&#xD;}&#xD;|&#xD;[&#xD;]&#xD;\&#xD;:&#xD;"&#xD;;&#xD;'&#xD;&lt;&#xD;&gt;&#xD;?&#xD;,&#xD;.&#xD;/

and I managed to convert it back into a much more readable way

any key
up arrow
down arrow
right arrow
left arrow
space
+
-
a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k
l
m
n
o
p
q
r
s
t
u
v
w
x
y
z
tab
alt
backspace
shift
~
!
@
#
$
%
^
&
(
)
_
+
`
-
=
{
}
|
[
]
\
:
"
;
'
<
>
?
/

I tested it out, and it does cause the bug.

another edit: I found the issue. It's the curly brackets {}. They caused the issue.

Neat! I can see potential in the "Move Away" block. This could be great for simulating an AI player that thinks like a real human player in a PvP game.

I added a "stage image" block! It reports an image of the stage!

I just now added a ton of new blocks! It also includes the custom broadcast block fix.

Added hidden variable blocks!

Check your website, now!