Why are signatures removed?

Why are signatures removed?

Maybe because people could use them for racism sexism anti religious phrases,etc.

(test)
(btw, i am not trying to evade mod decisions, im just testing this out)
@herodooble2 type in 3 asterisks

:snake: :yellow_square: :yellow_heart:
"i may not agree with what you say but i will defend to the death your right to say it"
god bless the usa :us: :blue_heart:

o.o how you do that?

oh so its not a signature its feature in the replying part

anyway, im guessing the mods didnt want "racism" or "sexism" in signatures (bc of all the hullabaloo you guys made abt them in that topic)

@theeric132 type in 3 asterisks

like this

How did you recreated those signatures?

@jens @bh @bromagosa is this true?i didn't wanna get rid of Sigs entirely TwT

hmmmm ok I get it

this non sig thing is cool but ima stop

Because everyone complained about signatures just a few days ago?

Although you can type in "***" to make a fake signature, if you want. Though it will be a pain to quote your posts.

cool

I'm not sad that sigs were removed?tbh,i don't know how to feel about them being removed

If everyone just 'makes their signature' anyway, it will make it easier to quote them.

Put your Signature here!

Ok speak like a mature furry or i can't understand you

what your doing can be seen as trying to avoid moderation

this is turning into spam

We've turned off signatures, and we will take further measures to reduce the noise, drama and chatting in these forums. I'm writing up a post explaining it, but since y'all keep calling out already I might as well announce it now.
We really cannot support these kinds of chat-rooms in this forum anymore, because it completely overwhelms us with trying to even stay halfway informed about what's going on. It doesn't help that y'all are role-playing (which makes it even harder for non-native English speakers like me), so we never know which parts of your posts are about real-world events or imaginary friendships / quarrels etc. But it really boils down to too much chatting that is unrelated to what this site is about: Computer Science Education and Programming with Snap.
Now, mind you, we've been discussing this in our team a lot and for a long time (several months now). On one hand we love what's going on, that y'all claim your own spaces here, that you assume "ownership" of threads like "shops" and "collaborations" etc., and that y'all hang out with your friends here, experiment with hacking your personality traits and social interactions. That's actually pretty darn great. It's what real teenagers do, and we love you for it. (Whenever an adult says that, y'all know what comes next, right? a sneaky BUT. Here goes:) BUT We're overwhelmed. We can't keep up reading your posts, because we're actually working on Snap, the programming language, and the BJC curriculum, and on the next SnapConference. And on many, many things. We want to answer your questions about Snap and we'll happily give you some pointers about how and where you can learn some powerful ideas. What we cannot do is host a coffee shop.
There is just too much going on here that has nothing or very little to do with learning computer science. We realize that some of you are coming over from Scratch where there is a different focus on personality development and general computational fluency, that involves and includes a broader set of activities to share and play together. We LOVE those ideals, but (I know, there's the adult "but" again) we don't have the capabilities and resources to support that here. What we hope to accommodate is a more narrow community fascinated by computer science concepts and their educational aspects. Therefore we will start closing all the collaboration and shop topics within the next days, and we'll not allow them any more. Also, we'll try to be really super strict about being on-topic, and that includes only topics on the subjects of computer science education and programming with Snap.
This is nothing personal. You've done nothing wrong. It's us who can't stomach what we've ordered. We're sorry, we really love you. But we're actually fighting for the survival of these forums.

i'm leaving snap. thank you very much for not letting us collaborate and make something amazing.

...seriously?
They said that they would love for you to do that, didn't they? But they can't let you do that right now.