Who wants to collab for a horror game? (Part 7)

If there’s static that’s glitched menu mode, but it looks like it

Maybe glitched menu mode is a worse version of shattered mode

Ok seriously use
Gmm and sgm

Glitched menu mode
Shattered game mode

Alright.
So we should probably fix Gmm before Sgm

I’ll add this to the trello

Actually I know the cause of gmm

It’s caused by the game jumping directly to gameplay Insted of going to the main menu

its evening in my time zone :frowning:

That’s fine

What have you been working on lately?

@d4s_over_dt4 you there?

Anyone there?

To fix this problem, open up the project link from my featured topic on my profile. Scroll all the way down the blocks and export the scratch 🏳️ block. Open up The Search, import that block, and put the block under one when 🏳️ clicked hat block.

Still doesn’t work, it actually makes sgm happen always instead of only being a 59% chance

It doesn’t make it always but it seems to increase the chance

The worst part is, I don’t think it’s possible to figure out what’s even causing the bug

I’ve run into this before on scratch, I think it has something to do with sprites fighting for layers, what’s happening is that when you’d tart a project, sometimes the hat block can get de synced by a frame, that means that 2 sprites can repeatedly go up in layer basically piggy backing eachother

I found out how to fix it

We need to get the green flag to click, then stop all, and then click the green flag again

Just pressing the flag twice does nothing, no idea why

Anyone got ideas?

I literally gave you the block that does that

It doesn’t fix it for me

@xx_pax_xx hows it going

You need to put it under a when green flag clicked hat block, then after the block broadcast something to start the project instead of using the when green flag clicked block

So I need to replace every single gf clicked block in the project?
Can you show an example, it doesn’t make much sense to me the way you worded it

yes, unless you build a script that does it for you by modifying the xml

We can’t do that, because of the way the title screen works. It uses the start broadcast to start the game, green flag clicked is for the menu. The issue is with the start broadcast, not the green flag clicked block

Also I can’t edit the xml, nor can I manually replace them all

Best option may be just to leave it and instruct them to do that

Or make the title screen a different scene and then move it to gameplay?

wheres the latest project, ill write a script to automatically do this
just to fix any later bugs

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=cookieclickerer33&ProjectName=The%20search%20mine

Keep in mind the final game will not jump to gameplay from the green flag, it will have a title screen

thanks