Hey, y'all! I've been working on this thing for a couple weeks, and now it's ready to share. If you're interested in looking at the code, you can find it at https://github.com/pajamaclaws21/studygiggle.
Studygiggle is a website that allows you to view Snap! projects hosted on Google Drive in a few simple steps, enabling you to have projects as big as you want -- they're not on the Snap! Cloud, after all, so none of their storage is being used. Hosting involves just sharing a Google Drive file and creating a Snap! project with the file identifier, and viewing just requires the project name and username.
How to Use
These instructions can also be found in the README.md file on GitHub.
- Export a copy of your Snap! project to your computer. It should be an .XML file.
- Upload your .XML file to Google Drive.
- Open the "Share" menu, then set "General Access" to "Anyone with the Link" and "View."
- Press the "Copy Link" button. Then, open that link.
- Your link should look like this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/YOUR-ID/view, where YOUR-ID is the file identifier. Copy it.
- Create a new Snap! project. In it, create a variable called "driveID" and set that variable to the file identifer you got in step 5.
- Save your project and publish it. Title it something snappy.
- You're all good!
- Make sure you have the username of the user who made the project and the name of the project with the file identifier in it.
- Go to the studygiggle website.
- Type in the username and the project name. Press the "Load Project" button.
- Wait for the project to load. Once it does, press the "Get Project from Drive" button.
- You're good to go!
Wanna test it? Try the username "pajamaclaws21" and project name "DRIVE LOADER TEST" ... you'll see it works quite well!