Sound Editor in Snap (Part 2)

We still need to modify the selected part though. This just starts a sound at a specific point.

I already know how to do that
On second thought, maybe the cutting and merging might not be so hard... but it would be very slow.

Well we could make it go faster by using warp and temporarily turning on turbo mode.

That's not the problem, if we use the hyperized item of block (which is the fastest way to do it), that's practically the same as doing warp. It'll still take a long time, though. Try the script in @ego-lay_atman-bay's project.

Or we can just convert it into a list, and modify the list data?

That's what I'm talking about..

hello why did this explode while I was in school help? what is new? I see all of you have been here doing something!

https://snap.berkeley.edu/snap/snap.html#present:Username=helicoptur&ProjectName=Snap!%20Audio%20Player

Here's what we have so far

it's an easy equation.

Since you are just using the whole width of the stage for the whole length of the sound, we can easily use the percentage of the x position of the mouse position in the entire length of the stage, and then get that percent in the duration of the sound to get the second. Here's the script.

sound editor script pic (3)

sorry but I cannot upload anything on my computer... also add a default sound when you press a combination of keys so I do not have to mannualy upload sounds in the programming.

That's already what I was doing, for the seek function.

oh, ok. I didn't look at your script.

Sure.

Probably not.

that was probably the worst idea I have ever had lol.

It's done, there's now a default sound

It says do you want to save your audio data? That should happen when you click the green flag to restart, but not to boot up the software!

That's not the program's fault (snap auto-clicks the green flag when you click a project link), but I'll see what I can do.
Just click cancel for now, save will download and delete the data and discard will just delete the data.
Edit: done, it will no longer say that when it boots up the program

ha! it is very fun to experiment around with for some reason!

Me and @helicoptur have been working very hard on it.

could you add more functions to play around with? also add an undo button, please make it easier to work with percentages, add some options for the percentages and an undo button.

(it also starts playing the default when it is halfway done.)