Music Blocks

https://forum.snap.berkeley.edu/t/representing-sharps-flats-in-musical-notes/8669/23

@jens @bh Brian has been helping us review the music blocks and associated documentation. He has made a number of suggestions for refining them that we have implemented in the most recent version.

We think we are now ready to contribute the music blocks and instruments to a library that resides in the main Snap! build. If this still seems like something that would be useful and a good fit, what is the next step?

If you're git-competent, you can make a branch of the repo, add your library, edit the LIBRARIES file to include your library in the list, and file a pull request. This has the advantage that you get notifications of any discussion on Github.

But if you'd prefer, you can email me the library and I can file a PR for it.

We'll follow up with the CS folks - Rich Nguyen, Eric Stein, and Harsh Padhye. Thanks!

sound GREAT to me, I can't wait to check it out! Just send me an email or a Github PR. Thank you!!

Eric and I can make a branch and handle adding the library from there. We might have some questions down the road, but we can follow up on those on this forum post. We're super excited to present this to you, and want to thank you for all your help and advice through this process!

We currently use the WebAudioFont library, which builds upon the W3C Web Audio API and is issued under the GNU General Public License v3.0. We installed this library on our server but they could also be loaded at runtime (although we have not done this yet).

What is your preferred way of handling the WebAudioFont dependency?