Language Learning App (Part 3)

We don't need a new UI.

I just thought a bit, and yeah, you're right. The UI we currently have is perfect for a translator.

We simply need a scrolling box that writes (with Pen) whatever the user is typing. I have a project for this but we will need to implement auto-scrolling that can be controlled with up and down arrow keys.

Could you share the link?

here it is: Snap! Build Your Own Blocks

That works, but it has no arrow key cursor movement, clicking to put your cursor at a certain place, or selection.

Yes, so we'll have to implement those too.

What about translate.google.com?

Google Translate isn't completely free. It costs

Assuming each person using it does 1000 chars per month, and there are 10 users, (as a minimum):

0.00002x1000=0.02
0.02x10=0.2

or 20 cents per month.
With a reasonable 100 people using it, it would be $2 per month. And I (if you don't include paper money) don't have any money.

We would have to make a membership thing that cost money then..

Or use our own translator.

@earthrulerr I agree with @warped_wart_wars on this one. I think it's most logical to use our current translator as it's free and it works.

No Catalan, no Dutch, we should probably do something about that. If I ever learn a language, (which I probably will) I'd learn Dutch, because it's pretty similar to English. Then German, maybe. And one (if not more) of the Snap! devs (jguille2) speaks Catalan.

Maybe we can find another translator if the user selects these languages?

Libretranslate is the only one we've found. Either we make our own, or we look more. But I'm tired of looking for an alternative translator, so you (plural) would have to.

That was my og idea.

What does that stand for?

Original.

I searched it up, but everything that showed up said "original gangster".