I can edit my posts in closed topics

I can edit my posts in closed topics. That shouldn't happen

I'm not the only who noticed? i thought i was just seeing things when i saw the edit button on a closed topic

I even edited my post and saved the edit, and it saved (I removed my edit after I saved it)

i also noticed this in old snap forums before it shut down

Aargh. @cycomachead.

We can get around this by changing the ownership of all the posts in the topic, but that's a pain in the neck. Stay tuned...

I don't really think this is a huge problem. If it is, we'll just turn off post editing entirely since any sort of window seems to be a potential for abuse.

Discourse supports locking posts (separate from closing a thread) when we need it though.

it helps me a lot to edit so please don't.

Yes please do not delete editing posts it is really useful and it help a lot.

... and I can even respond to posts in an prehistoric topic that was somehow never closed, or magically reopened :wink:
My 2 cents, even now: I agree with @sirhopsalot and @earthrulerr: it is sometimes useful for one to make corrections to an old post, so as to share recent findings or insight with later readers.

bro necroposted on a 2 year old topic :skull: :skull:
edit: 3

I can rank up @themapotakes again!

1. nobody asked 2. dont post in this dead topic, make your own topic or somethn. what you are doing here is Necroposting

i thought topics closed after 1 month of inactivity, how are people commenting here

maybe its related to being able to edit posts in closed topics?

maybe

i thought they fixed it, but no

This topic was made before that was a thing.

huh, so they didnt add it to all the topics from before they added it

Sure, but not in this case!

:sob::sob:

Yeah I’ve noticed on other forums necroposting isn’t discouraged.