How to import an XML?

Copy the text (in XML format), like this one:

<blocks app="Snap! 7, https://snap.berkeley.edu" version="2"><block-definition s="language" type="reporter" category="sensing"><header></header><code></code><translations>ar:لغة&#xD;bn:ভাষা&#xD;ca:llengua&#xD;cs:jazyk&#xD;de:sprache&#xD;el:γλώσσα&#xD;en:language&#xD;eo:lingvo&#xD;es:idioma&#xD;et:keel&#xD;eu:hizkuntza&#xD;fi:kieli&#xD;fr:langue&#xD;gl:idioma&#xD;he:שפה&#xD;hi:भाषा&#xD;hr:jezik&#xD;hu:nyelv&#xD;ia:lingua&#xD;id:bahasa&#xD;it:lingua&#xD;ja:言語&#xD;kn:ಭಾಷೆ&#xD;ko:언어&#xD;ml:ഭാഷ&#xD;nl:taal&#xD;no:sprâk&#xD;pl:język&#xD;pt:língua&#xD;ro:limba&#xD;ru:язык&#xD;sv:språk&#xD;ta:மொழ&#xD;te:భాష&#xD;tr:dil&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s="doReport"><block s="evaluate"><block s="reifyReporter"><autolambda><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><l></l><l>6</l></block><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><block s="reportJoinWords"><block s="reifyScript"><script><block s="down"></block></script><list></list></block></block><l>Context &gt;&gt; a CommandBlockMorph ("pero dolů...") a VariableFrame {}</l></block><l>Český</l><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><block s="reportJoinWords"><block s="reifyScript"><script><block s="down"></block></script><list></list></block></block><l>Context &gt;&gt; a CommandBlockMorph ("pero dole...") a VariableFrame {}</l></block><l>Slovenčina</l><l>Other</l></block></block><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><l></l><l>7</l></block><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><block s="reportJoinWords"><block s="reifyScript"><script><block s="clear"></block></script><list></list></block></block><l>Context &gt;&gt; a CommandBlockMorph ("wische...") a VariableFrame {}</l></block><l>Deutsch</l><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><block s="reportJoinWords"><block s="reifyScript"><script><block s="clear"></block></script><list></list></block></block><l>Context &gt;&gt; a CommandBlockMorph ("తొలగించుట...") a VariableFrame {}</l></block><l>Telagu</l><l>Other</l></block></block><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><l></l><l>10</l></block><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><block s="reportJoinWords"><block s="reifyScript"><script><block s="clear"></block></script><list></list></block></block><l>Context &gt;&gt; a CommandBlockMorph ("clear...") a VariableFrame {}</l></block><l>English</l><block s="reportIfElse"><block s="reportEquals"><block s="reportJoinWords"><block s="reifyScript"><script><block s="clear"></block></script><list></list></block></block><l>Context &gt;&gt; a CommandBlockMorph ("அழ...") a VariableFrame {}</l></block><l>Tamil</l><l>Other</l></block></block><block s="reportListItem"><block s="reportSum"><l></l><l>1</l></block><block s="reportNewList"><list><l>Other</l><l>العربية</l><l>Българуски</l><l>বাংলা</l><l>Català</l><l>Català - Valencià</l><l>Český</l><l>Deutsch</l><l>Dansk</l><l>Ελληνικά</l><l>English</l><l>Esperanto</l><l>Español</l><l>Eesti</l><l>Euskara</l><l>suomi</l><l>Français</l><l>Galego</l><l>עִבְרִית</l><l>हिन्दी</l><l>Hrvatski</l><l>Magyar</l><l>Interlingua</l><l>Bahasa Indonesia</l><l>Italiano</l><l>日本語</l><l>にほんご</l><l>ಕನ್ನಡ</l><l>한국어</l><l>Malayalam</l><l>Nederlands</l><l>Norsk</l><l>Polski</l><l>Português</l><l>Português do Brasil</l><l>Român</l><l>Русский</l><l>Slovenščina</l><l>Slovenčina</l><l>svenska</l><l>Tamil</l><l>Telagu</l><l>Türkçe</l><l>Українська</l><l>简体中文</l><l>繁體中文</l></list></block></block></block></block></block></autolambda><list></list></block><list><block s="reportListIndex"><block s="reportListItem"><l>2</l><block s="reportTextSplit"><block s="reportJoinWords"><block s="reifyReporter"><autolambda><block s="reportPenTrailsAsCostume"></block></autolambda><list></list></block></block><l>"</l></block></block><block s="reportNewList"><list><l>اثار_القلم...</l><l>линии след молива...</l><l>কলম ভ্রমণ...</l><l>dibuix sobre l&apos;escenari...</l><l>rastre del llapis...</l><l>stopa pera...</l><l>Malspuren...</l><l>penselspor...</l><l>ίχνοι στυλού...</l><l>pen trails...</l><l>spuro de skribilo...</l><l>rastro del lápiz...</l><l>pliiatsi joone...</l><l>arkatzaren arrastoak...</l><l>kynän jälki...</l><l>traces de stylo...</l><l>riscos do lapis...</l><l>סימוני_עט...</l><l>कलम का निशान...</l><l>tragovi olovke...</l><l>ceruza nyomvonala...</l><l>penna tracia...</l><l>jejak pena...</l><l>tratti della penna...</l><l>ペンの軌跡...</l><l>ペンのきせき...</l><l>ಲೇಖನಿಯ ಪರೀಕ್ಷಣೆ...</l><l>펜의 궤적...</l><l>Malspuren...</l><l>penspoor...</l><l>pennsporer...</l><l>ślady pisaka...</l><l>os traços da caneta...</l><l>traços da caneta...</l><l>urme stilou...</l><l>линии пера...</l><l>sledi svinčnika...</l><l>stopa pera...</l><l>pennspår...</l><l>pen trails...</l><l>Malspuren...</l><l>kalem izleri...</l><l>лінія олівця...</l><l>画笔轨迹...</l><l>畫筆軌跡...</l></list></block></block></list></block></block></script></block-definition></blocks>

Credit: Language block by @ScratchModification

Then go to noteppaadd Notepad.
It will appear a window like this:

Save it as XML:

Go to Snap! editor and select Import...

Go to your file and select it, finally click Done.

Your block is here now!

You can do this with projects, blocks, scripts, variables, etc!

I'm going to be honest, everybody here probably knows how to drag and drop a file.

Yes, you can do that as well!

How do I do it if I'm on a chromebook, android, or ios?

It uses Windows...

But there are people using snap who are not on a windows computer. For example, right now, I'm on ios.

Yeah, but I think most people use Windows...

Most people who are using snap that aren't on windows are on chromebook.

Just made this tutorial (especially for @helicoptur) to inform people how to import an XML.

But other people will be reading this.

Anyway, here's how to import xml on ios.

1. Open the notes app
  2. Create a new note and paste the xml you want to import
  3. Tap the three dots in the top right corner image
  4. Tap send copy, the choose save to files. If it's not there, tap edit actions... then eigther tap the + button on the option, or the switch. Tap done.
  5. Choose the location and the name of the file, then tap save
  6. Finally, go into snap, iport file, choose browse, then locate the new file you just made.

I cannot tell chromebook users how because I don't have a chromebook to do it. I also can't tell android, or mac users as well, although it is easier on android, and mac might be similar to ios.

But hey, the best way might just be in snap itself. Just open this project, (make sure js is enabled) then paste the xml into the block, and then click it. Not sure if this works with projects though.

Oh! Why didn't you share this project before?

Edit: Btw, is there an easier way?

I don't understand. You can just drag in the XML from an Export Blocks or Export Project or Export Sprite.

This XML is in text.

Nevermind, you would have to import that block to your project :rofl:

That project was already shared. I just didn't look for it until now.

See the edit...

Pretty sure there isn't.

Btw, many people requested me to share projects...

I know, I actually think you should share projects because it's just faster, and better to share your projects through snap not the xml.

Err... Another alternative that is not sharing projects?

Share one project, and stick everything you make in their own scene.