Funny programming language in snap! (Part 3)

In low level programming chars are just ascii codes and strings are pointers to arrays.
Most high-level languages only have a string type though.

Scheme, the only high level language, has two types, partly because strings and arrays have a lot of the same operators: item n of, append, etc.

C style that we don't want :frowning:

Why?

Because instead of having a zillion little ad hoc features, it takes full advantage of the power of procedures as an abstraction mechanism. And also, surprisingly considering its roots, it was the first language to get numbers right, making exactness orthogonal to representation, so you could create an exact float or an inexact integer if that correctly describes the source of the data.

Longer answer: Read SICP.

exactly; it doesn't make sense to have a whole nother type if you can very easily AND visually easy to work around.
(already 66 posts?)

bump

create script variable "a nice var" with null # (None is much better here)
create script variable "x" with 0
do {
    change "a nice var" to [a nice var]+1
    set "x" to [x]+1
}
while [x] greater than 1
display [a nice var]

I hope this should look ok?

SET

WITH THE VALUE

""

right?

edited.

That's quite wordy and would get annoying very quickly. I think it's worth sacrificing a little english here.

(((the variable "x") + the variable "y") mod (the variable "z") + ((the variable "c") + 4))))

vs.

(([x] + [y]) mod [z]+ ([c] + 4))

Why not just say? That's in the syntax of English, and a lot easier to type.

I don't think you need to specify "starting." It should be fairly obvious that that won't be its value all the time, unless we implement constants. Also, that's not in english anyway:
with value vs.
with the value

thats for text to speech

no, the variable (the variable a) vs. ((a))

If they're in brackets, that means it's a call to a variable value.

I still don't like it.

So you would rather type out this?

yes

let's have a vote.
@spacer @4cwefgtw9e587 what do you think? brackets or the variable "" to get values?

@18001767679 @programmer_user (limited to 2 mentions per post)

ok, you should be able to do both.