How many CSP/BJC teachers out there are planning to customize U5L2: Disease Spread Project to simulate the spread of Covid-19? I haven't started tinkering yet, but some directions I'm thinking about which seem like they might be doable in Snap!:
- 3 colors for uninfected, asymptomatic, symptomatic
- 4th color for fatality?
- 5th color for recovered/immune?
- Age attribute (randomly sampled to match a demographic histogram), and variable fatality rate
- Or since Age would just be a proxy for Vulnerability more generally, omit it and just have variable fataility rate?
- Infection depends on duration of proximity?
- Clones have constant/variable behavior in terms of motion/avoiding other clones (social distancing)
- various statistics tracked in variables, can be shown or not
- various statistics tracked with real-time graphs
Any other ideas out there?