CloudVars

This was not directed towards you but I did want to point that out.

About the password issue: If you can get the exact source URL of the request, you could try making accounts project-specific, so a request from another project will be denied..

You can deny requests from another project, but you cannot deny requests made with curl to simulate valid requests.

It says that the client is offline or something like that when I try to log in.

Is it really the case that a significant number of our users have Internet access only at school or via school-controlled computers? We've been thinking that eventually our users who are students will have two Snap! accounts, a school one with a lot of restrictions and a personal one that can do anything.

I realize that this discussion isn't about access to Snap! itself; I am knowingly raising a different but related question. Do we have to plan for the needs of users who can access Snap! only via school-controlled machines or Internet?

hmm?

Sorry! That's an encode URI bug. It's fixed now... Please use the latest version.

Are you still having this problem?

I will test it tomorrow, thk

Yes I do.

Well, I didn't receive your request. What block are you using?

I'm using all of the blocks (For the specific block, I'm using the Sign-In block)

Firefox freeze while i save alonzo costume (no error message)
If i save a small list, it's ok...
Stats: It take 43 sec to store numbers 1 to 5000

Maybe the string is too big ?

alonzo costume:
(after 7-8 minutes)

a background:

Sorry, I don't get that error. Use the latest version to see if it still errors

Firebase has security rules, and even can create accounts. Why is it a problem?

Again - I, personally, wouldn't know how to implement it. I do recommend Firebase, I just don't know how to transfer the security system the cloud variables currently use over to Firebase. Therefore, someone might take my recommendation with a grain of salt.

What does it mean?

I plan to make variables that are like Scratch, sometime after exams are over.

How are you going to do this?
It should be something like if you are in editor mode, you are not able to edit the vars unless you are the owner of the project... Which is impossible to do!

All it needs to do is check if any code has been modified by someone (who isn't the owner) and disable the cloud vars for that user if so.