Art & Music: Simulating an Impressionist Painting (Spring 2024)

You implemented the assignment really well. Consider using a setup block to set things up.

Forgot to post this until now but I wanted to create an impressionist painting of the sunset because I always think I nice sunset is one of the most beautiful things I've seen.

While this is a very beautiful picture you selected I would make the image the same size as the stage to prevent the sprite to take forever to paint and only paint at the edges. Otherwise, looks good!

By altering the transparency, size, direction, and movement of the brush when each stroke is painted, I was able to give my painting a more "watery" look, which is exactly what I was going for. Additionally, I changed the Pick Color block to add a hue displacement, which can give the painting more interesting, richer colors. This hue displacement is set during the Setup (Set Random Hue Displacement block) is completely optional to use. There is a space for user input at the Paint Brush Stroke block, with the default 0 indicating that the original colors of the photo should be used, and 1 indicating that the hue displacement (and thus a different palette) should be used.

Wow! This is really cool in the way that it actually uses the viewer's webcam, and I think you did a good job diminishing the pixel appearance, as you wanted. My one suggestion is that I feel you could use the "Tell ___ to [script]" block instead of the broadcasting. That being said, as we went over in class, that's more of a personal preference. The code would also be more readable if organized a bit more. Very cool project!

I think the photo is beautiful as a whole but once the piece was complete I loved how it reminded me of looking through blurred glass. I thought you really got that "watery" effect across and pulled it off in a way that didn't make the colors and lines seem too mixed where you couldn't tell what you were looking at. I appreciated your variable names and the conciseness of your code!

I think the work is fantastic. I would suggest you to condense codes in Wrap by making an additional block that perform the same function. It will make you reduces the amount of codes shows in the screen and make your codes more readable.

I notice that the base image has a few white spots. I assume the background has had this process run on it once or twice and that's why it's like that. I would suggest that in the future if you're going to do that you run that version for much long to ensure there are no white spots. That way, you won't accidentally get a large white dot in the final image. That also being said, you could use the original image instead of running it through the process, unless that affects the results too much. Really like the effect you've created here, though!!