I first blocked out the 3 main colors and later created procedures to recreate the blocks with more detail by drawing an outline and then using the fill tool. This allowed me to create more detailed curves and shapes. I also wanted to recreate the brush strokes and color mixing seen in Rothko's work so I made procedures to add some lines with slightly different shades of colors to get a similar effect. I made these procedures very customizable so that I could re-use the procedure in different positions with different size and length.
I wanted to create a similar color field as the one in the make to learn document, specifically with the final black and white blocks. I first created the background and then made a few color blocks to layer on top. I stamped them first by hand then created three code blocks to evenly space and stamp the differently color bars.
I was inspired by the black and white hypnotic swirl but wanted to make it look like a more optimistic, abstract Rothko painting. I made a rectangular fan that swirled and for each time it changed color (after loading one of the blocks from the library) I turned it 15 degrees to add effect
Here is my attempt to recreate Vir Heroicus Sublimis! I wanted to make it look as similar as possible given that the canvas dimensions are square. I created the background and then made all the lines the same colors to mimic the art!
The inspiration for this project was wanting to make a country flag so I picked the Polish Flag. I started by making a solid rectangle that would quickly make the flag and used an RGB color block to get the exact shade of red that is used in the flag.
Wow! This looks just like Vir Heroicus Sublimis! I like how your recreation has a higher saturation so the lines are more pronounced and visible. I thought the original only had two vertical lines but turns out there's many more.
I saw Clyfford Still's PH-971 and thought it looked pretty funky, so I tried making something that looked like it with constrained randomness using many rectangles, but it turned out a little strange so I added vertical lines of varying colors for a color field-ish look.