Alexa skill

I can't under stand what your saying, but Alexa has built-in voice recognition

Also, Alexa — NetsBlox documentation

So Alexa listens to everything, but when it hears “Alexa” or whatever you named it, it activates listening for commands, it responds to these commands via looking it up on the web. First problem with making something like this is getting a AI to learn to listen for “Placeholder” and then listen for commands. BUT it needs to understand that each person sounds different when saying the same thing so it’s not like we can record someone saying it and then teaching the Ai to respond if it hears that audio. Then it would only work for that person as all people’s speech sounds different. The second problem is that we would need API for this and some commands would be advanced. We also need to be bilingual right? We need to teach it to listen to all the commands from multiple languages sounding different then run certain commands. Some commands like the Holiday command if it gets used would require someone to make a API that lists the closest holiday. We would also need to find some sort of text to speech engine that isn’t the one it libraries, the one in libraries isn’t that good. We also would need a set of very good coders who know json, JS, and maybe even SQL.

Why would we need JS or SQL

JS for commands, again SQL might be needed for some commands.

Give me an example please.

Wdym example? Well if we were to make a user base so that it could recognize who was talking so we could do something like the Alexa command: Who sm I which if is not already recorded records your voice saying multiple things after it tells you and stores them. Then later you can go to any Alexa device linked with the same Amazon account and it would work. We could make a whole user system like Amazon accounts too.

Amazon has a user base already a skill knows who its talking to.

Point is it’s hard to make a Alexa in Snap!.

Just ask your alexa "What's my name?"

I know I’ve done it.

Snip Snip

Before using any Alexa RPCs, you will first need to register as a developer with Amazon and login to Amazon here.

Snip Snip
-- NetsBlox alexa documentation
Is your amazon account a dev account?(yawn I need to go to bed soon)

Nope.

Edit: Is it just for licensing stuff I’m guessing?

I use my dad's account to make Alexa skills(somehow, its a dev account).

Idk, I forgot what @brollb said in Snap!Con this morning

Lol, welp I am bored and do not know what to do now,

Hey, did you attend the Snap!Con workshop on Alexa skills in NetsBlox?

Nope, I didn’t sign up for Snap!Con since I was not going ot be able to attend most of the event.

@earthrulerr

I do not really get it. It seems like a learning AI meaning with each action you do after running a command it essentially learns and stores the response.