"A speech to all"

Oh, you will still have your gender but you say you don't have a gender. Wait, I might be confusing myself.

basically

(I hope I'm not spamming the forum too much; if I am, somebody tell me and I will stop)

So you're telling me you still have your gender and you want to tell people you don't have a gender- this might be my last reply here b/c above reason and I am not getting any less confused, how about I say: "Goodbye, Vanny, nice knowing you; Hello, Cam"?

You really aren't, it's okay to be confused about something.

I don't want to have a gender.

For example: Somebody doesn't feel like they belong in either girl or boy gender groups, so they feel like they should be agender. They aren't a girl nor boy, therefore, they are Agender or/and Non Binary. They might be secretly male/female, but they like to express themselves as neither gender.

Sex ≠ gender. Gender is what you identify as, what your pronouns are, etc. Sex is what you are biologically. They're not the same thing.
Edit: replied to the wrong post whoops

thats what i was trying to say

I get it now. Personally, it makes sense to me to keep my gender matching my sex, but other people don't have to follow that logic.

Here is an interesting question: if the purpose of s is to increase the population, why are some people g/l/p? It's not a mental disorder, is it? What does a mental state require to be a disorder? Actually, those were three questions.

That's only one purpose. Yes, it's the reason it evolved, but (1) there are arguably too many people on Earth these days, and (2) since we have good birth control technologies in modern times, the connection to childbirth isn't so ironclad, and (3) many things that evolved for one purpose have other uses in modern times. For example, we evolved vision to see predators and prey, but now we also use vision to see art and read books.

The history of what is or isn't a psychiatric disorder is long and complicated. At one time, probably before you were born but not before I was born, homosexuality was officially considered a disorder ("officially" = by the American Psychiatric Association), but that's no longer the case. If a person suffers emotionally because of rejecting something about their sexuality, that still counts as a disorder, which can be rectified by changing the person's attitude or by changing the person's gender, which is where this thread started.

But, this is getting pretty far afield from Snap!.

Question: is the word s** not allowed or something? @bh

Expanded form of the words

s = sex
g = gay
l = lesbian
p = pansexual?

Rules

How to behave on the forum:

Do we really have to explain this? If you're a serious bad guy spammer, you're not reading this in the first place. If you're a Snap*!* user, you want this forum to be useful, and that means the staff can't find that moderating the forum is taking all our time.
We expect that the vast majority of our users will be at least 12 years old. That's not quite 13, which is the conventional age in the US at which kids are allowed to hear occasional four-letter words at the movies, but we hope that any 12-year-olds here are mature. So our intention is to moderate the forum at about the PG-13 level. That means we're not going to delete posts because of one questionable word. We're much more worried about bullying. Don't bully. Don't call people names. Assume good faith, as they say at Wikipedia.
Scratch has three or four people whose job it is to moderate their site. We're poor; we have zero paid moderators. We therefore rely on users to flag inappropriate content, bearing in mind the PG-13 standard.
In order to maintain our community, moderators reserve the right to remove any content and any user account for any reason at any time. Moderators do not preview new posts in any way; the moderators and site operators take no responsibility for any content posted by the community.
You may not use this forum to advertise a commercial product or service.
We have a more formal Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

No, it's allowed. I was just following @snapenilk's preferred (I guess) style.

Good news: enough things were cleared up that I do not have any further questions for this topic. Good luck, Vanessa or Vanny Cam(eron?)

Just Cam.

Wait a minute, we can talk about this stuff on the forums?

Please don't necropost. Thanks!

What :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

He means, if nobody has posted to a topic in a year, it's dead and you shouldn't revive it just because you're new to it.

Wait, I'm not supposed to reply if it's been a year?

Does this include creating a new topic about a topic from a year ago or do I have to wait another year

If it's something that doesn't contribute to the topic, then there's no need to revive it.

I guess this is a good question, even if it revives a very old topic. There is a FAQ about what you can say here, but it doesn't really address the issue. I think that if someone who's been part of the community for a while wants to come out here, that should be okay. If you just want to start a random discussion about sexuality that has nothing to do with Snap!, maybe it'd be better for you to take it somewhere else.