IM SO EXITED

FULL PULLOUTS AND COMPLETE VARDRADIC CONTROL
TONS OF NEW SPECIAL MENUS
FULL FIRST CLASS COLOR SUPPORT????
ALL PRIMITIVES ARE NOW EDITABLE??????
SKEW??

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY IM SPEECHLESS AT THE DEDICATION YOU HAVE

Here's some other features in the newest dev version:

• there's a new block in "extension blocks": untitled script pic - 2023-10-14T104754.011
  • new library: "3d beetle", for working in 3d -- "Generate 3d shapes with 3d turtle geometry"
    here's a pic:
  • List comprehension library untitled script pic (17) auto-added in dev mode

(this post is a wiki, add anything i missed)

Where can I get the newest dev version of Snap!? I never heard of it, but I really want to try this out.

Before the official release, you can find the current development version of Snap! at https://snap.berkeley.edu/versions/dev.

Ok.

my only complaint so far is
it should be

10.0 test script pic
10.0 test script pic (2)

doesnt make sense to me to give us the ability to edit every primitive to our liking and then SEVERLY limit what we can do with them, this also lets us edit the primitives to act completeley diffrent and still give us the functions of the normal blocks

also this is probobly already planned because you can duplicate the ones in the block pallete already but making custom cap blocks would be super nice

i do have another suggestion, add a way to make vardaradic pull outs appear after the input instead of only in front of the input

and finally, this might be a long shot but now that we can edit library blocks.. please let us edit these now that it would make sense
all blocks should be equal now i think weve gotten to the point where its weird to limit hat blocks this much

Honestly, I'm pretty mad you can't set the center of costumes. What's the point of encoding costumes to go through scenes if it's still useless? It'll probably be added after they finish all the other features.

I think I know why we can't add hat blocks. It's like how when you regroup 18-9, you get 18-9. If we could edit hat blocks then the "when green flag clicked block" would go forever, because for it to activate, there would need to be a when green flag clicked block inside the block, and that recursive function isn't valid.

But maybe we could get primitive hat blocks to make it work. There could be one that activates on the green flag, two that activate before and after a frame, but that would severely lag Snap!.

What would editing a hat block even mean? We have hat blocks that cover pretty much every scenario, and if you need another one, you can plug a Boolean into the generic when.

You can programmatically and manually.

• Programmatically

• Manually
    Press download in paint editor.

Well, there are things in Snap! that can't be written in Snap!. Those are replaced by the primitive block.

It makes sense that the error you've shown is displaying.
If you want to round something then just use the normal block. There is no need to use the download block on its own.

added to the wiki post

No need to tell them. I think you get notified if someone edits your post.

not if you are modifying the round block...
it has to be DIRECTLY under it, you cannot have anything before or after it, it must be the only thing in the hat

well, an alternative for the round block would be [scratchblocks][floor v] of ((input)+(0.5))[/scratchblocks]

thats what i did, it kinda defetes the pourpose of editing most blocks if they dont already have a definition and you can only do that

i get why its a cap, report is also a cap, but its just too limiting

these where all pains to make but they didnt have to be, it felt like snap was just being uneccicarally annoying rather then me not being skilled enough to do it

Where did you find these blocks? They don't seem to be in Snap! dev version 10-231013-dev.

i made them, i edited the pallete blocks, it says that at the bottom

Just be glad you can modify custom blocks. If you were a developer getting criticism about a new feature you made in a project you've been working on for years, how would you feel? Sure, it could be constructive criticism, but there is still that... feeling.