Zebra colouring for ringed block

I'm not sure if the category would be a feature request or a bug, but look at this:

So you have zebra colouring for blocks in C-blocks of the same category or reporters in reporters, but what about ringed blocks on blocks of the same colour?

I think the theory is that, as in any case, those blocks aren't zebra colored because there's an intervening different color (the gray ring). What makes it look strange is what I consider a misfeature, but not the one you're thinking of: The background of the inner script (as for all scripts, I guess) is transparent, so that's the RUN block you're seeing in the top right part of the ring. I think that (even though there's no logical explanation for it) the top right part should look like the scripting area, with vertical pinstripes. I think users would find that more understandable. But the point is, that RUN block isn't logically "next to" the inner script; it's behind the whole ring. So no zebra.

the ring is a block thats why

I was working on a likely huge project where most of the blocks would be dark cerulean (which is the default colour when adding a new category), and they are ringed inside a block which is also dark cerulean. I'll show my experience if I could.

The borders are not that thick, what if I'm on a computer, it's so thin and it looks like it's barely any contrast? Maybe that's not a reason, but this is worse when the zoom is set to 1.0.

Yeah. My entire experience of Snap! is at 1.5, partly because it's better for publication and partly because I'm old. So I bet there are any number of UI issues at 1.0 that I've never seen (along with the ones in flat design).

But imho people can recognize even the thinnest of borders as being borders. For example, never mind the ring, look in your example picture at the border around the IF block. Very thin, but very noticeable.

P.S. Remember that the point of zebra coloring isn't to look nice; it was really meant for cases such as

in which it's just impossible to follow the borders of blocks along the top and bottom edges. In this picture, with only monadic functions, the grouping is obvious anyway, but try it with the dyadic operators +−×÷.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.