Writing and Formatting Library (officially official)

This only requires 2 blocks to work fully, which isn't much.
Here are the blocks working in a pair:

Write with formatting

Here are the two in comparison, where normal write is on top, and the new block is on the bottom.

Stage Result

If you want to use this in your project, please credit me. Thanks! :smile:

Best way to retain credit for a block is to add some help text via a comment attached to the block definition hat with your name as the author :slight_smile:

I edited the block image by adding the comment to it. They're going to give credit anyway :joy:

:laughing: :+1:

I made an addition to the "Text Costumes" library:
Text Costumes lib extension
and it works the same way.

The default blocks are dependencies. Feel free to ask any questions!

how do you get the "unevaluated" number block?

If you meant the dark input, it's not unevaluated. It's a read-only input, which means you cannot directly type into the input, and blocks must be inserted into.

To get the dark input, set to a desired input type (number, text, any type or what you want) and click the cog/gear icon on the bottom of the window. See the read-only toggle?

Interesting

Here's a font list working on windows and mac (same font and same name)(based on this link)

Arial
Arial Black
Comic Sans MS
Courier New
Georgia
Impact
Times New Roman
Trebuchet MS
Verdana
Symbol
Webdings

Win10:
Android: (Doesn't work)

Could someone test this on a Mac OS and Iphone ?

As a ChromeOS user, I feel offended.
I'm just joking.
I will show the results as ChromeOS shows it:

ChromeOS result

Well, I modified your block to allow alignments (left, center, right):

I'm using font Montserrat, you need to download it for it to work: Montserrat - Google Fonts

Nice modification! :smiling_face:
It could benefit from the text not moving the pen, which could stem some problems when clicking the block multiple times. The only block you might need to add is just [scratchblocks]set x to (x)[/scratchblocks] at the end of the block definition.

ok

Here are the results from iOS: (updated list: post #34)

On an iOS platform:

• Arial, Courier, Georgia, Impact, Trebuchet MS, and Verdana actually work.
  • Symbol is a distinctive font but not what one would expect.
  • Arial Black, Comic Sans MS, Times New Roman, and Webdings are all the same font, actually Times (New) Roman, I guess.
  • I added three fonts that are distinctive on iOS: Avenir, Helvetica, and Palatino.
  • I also added a fake font: Fantasy 123; its results are similar to font = “”.

Looks like Arial, Courier and Times work universally.

The available fonts really depends on what fonts are installed on your device. There's no universal fonts, although there are fonts that tend to be on every device, so technically there are universal fonts. The only fonts that are not on every every device are evident by this topic.

I'm pretty sure I finished the library, so I embedded it into this image.
This version has (possibly inaccurate) Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Russian translations, along with one more block that builds off of the original stats block! Have fun with it :wink:

Fonts & Formatting Library

What does weight do in fonts 2 script pic … ?

It is a number between 100 and 1000 that specifies how bold. For example, 400, 700, 900.

Why it doesn't work for me?

Only some fonts support the weight variable. You might need to install one that supports this.

which fonts?