Working Tetration Function

Tetration Calculator
m^^n is where m^(m^m)... n times.
It is completely accurate. 2^^4 = 65536, 2^^5 = 2^65536 ~= 1e19720, 2^^6 = 2^1e19720.
Numbers get big fast. Also there is a lag counter to show how many times it lagged to compute the number.
I also made a googology collection so that if others make googology projects on Snap! like on Scratch, I can add them to my collection. I didn't see any googology projects when I searched it up.

Hi, welcome to Snap!.

Interesting project. I have a couple of suggestions about the style.

One thing is, it's a little weird that you ask the user for values of a and b, but actually put them in variables m and n. This makes the program harder to understand. I would ask the user meaningful questions:

starting value?
number of exponentiations?

and then use meaningful variable names, such as STARTING VALUE or BASE for the first one, NUMBER OF EXPS or LEVEL or whatever they call it in the literature for the second.

Second, that's a terrible way to count time; your computer will spend half its time doing that instead of doing the work you want it to do, and the answer won't be at all precise. We provide two ways to measure time. In the Sensing category you'll find Untitled script pic (2) and Untitled script pic (3), which give you an interval (because you can reset the timer to zero at the start of the computation) precise to 1/10 second. A little more complicated, but otherwise better, is the Untitled script pic (4) block, which isn't resettable (it tells you the number of milliseconds from Jan 1 of whatever year had the first Unix system) but is precise to the millisecond. You have to remember its starting value in a variable, then at the end of the computation, subtract the starting value from the current value to get the interval.

January 1st, 1970.

Feel free to add my math project ( it has hyperoperators from 1 - 6 (addition to hexation), and allows custom hyperoperators so you can put in 7 or 8 or above if you want).

I made the questions say "Base?" and "Height?"

nice! A while ago - actually, several years ago, gosh! - @jadga and I were doing some research on Rózsa Péter and her contributions the the Ackermann function and tried a similar general recursive approach all building up from addition:

Of course, literally adding up means it becomes too slow to actually compute with the anonymous ad-hoc tetration function.

I made Linear Array Notation {a,b,c,...} in Snap*!*
It has one bug which is that the tetration does ((2^2)^2) instead of 2^(2^2)