Who wants to collab for a horror game? (Part 2)

i messed up some variables

What is happening?

oh i made a copy to test the save engine but I'm missing some variables so I need a new copy to get the variables

We don’t need a Save engine. The browser storage does that for us, there’s only 1 night

idk but shadow seems to want one so I'm making one

oh ok

I saw some people were talking about encrypting data.

For things like save-games, you may be interested in using the following method.

1. Make a list like the following, where each key is the name of a variable and each value is its value. Here is an example, if you wanted to store the values of "a", "b", and "daysSince2009":
    untitled script pic (85)

2. Get the JSON of the list.
    XOR Cipher Demo script pic (2)

If you simply want to store data, then you can skip right to step 5. If you are interested in encryption, check out steps 3 and 4.

1. Check out an encryption project or library: one is my XOR Cipher Demo and another is @toontalk's text to bignum project.

2. Use the blocks provided in the project you chose to encrypt the JSON string.

1. Store the data somehow, whether it to the user or through storing it in the web browser. If you are using either of the encryption methods I mentioned, you will also need to store the key.

This post is a wiki post so anyone can edit it if I missed anything

ok

hey also thank you

no problemo. encryption and random little apps is one of my passions

cool!

anybody online i have ideas or did this die :frowning:

Relax, it's only been a few hours.

ok

Also could I join? I'm not that into horror games but I can still help!

what do you wanna work on

What needs work?

dk have to check one sec

maybe can you create a credits image? like credits text?

Ok, who to credit?