What should I make?

As I said, I'm an old curmudgeon. Music didn't excite me before or after the '60s. It wasn't just the Beatles, but they opened the floodgates.

oops

wow ok

ooh ok

oops welp just wanted to make this pop up on first of your notif,although i also know you never miss a message

Chord analyzer, I think that would be cool

ooh

Yeah, anyone can make music, but there are drum machines.

some of the best songs i know use chopped up clips of other drum playing, and mixes completely different drum kits. it often creates some extremely interesting combinations and rhythms.

i feel like there's some implication here that there's some more subtle variations and things that get washed away with technology, but i feel like most of that is from lazier music, and there's a lot of new styles, culture, and its own things if you listen for it.

i think "Monsters Under Your Head" from the xenharmonic alliance deleted user ep is an extremely unique style, and i'm pretty sure is extremely difficult to find unless you know where to look for it.

Yeah, okay, I'm sure there's all sorts of interesting music out there, plus it says here there's a genre called "Britpop" that sounds right up my alley, but I don't have the energy to fight my way through these newfangled music servers to find it and try it.

I like a lot of music, classical, impressionist, electronic, metal... Personally, I'm not a HUGE fan of rock, since its too slow and/or non-stimulating for me...

I blame my parents. They were very musical, but instead of taking me to, you know, Leonard Bernstein concerts, they dragged me to the opera. They had a subscription so we went once a month and our seats were right in front of where the hot air blew into the audience (this was before Lincoln Center) and I hated it.

Fair, a bad experience could turn away anybody from anything. I would recommend some artists but I fear they may be a little intense for someone coming from old rock... A lot of people would call my music noise music, pff.

Oh I know all about that... I once had a job as the system hacker for IRCAM, Pierre Boulez's music research center in Paris. It was a great gig but the music was all horrible.

If you are ever curious though, DragonForce is one of the metal bands I listen to, my uncle has described them as anthem-like. Loud, proud, and powerful type of music. When it comes to classical, well, the big ones are obvious like Mozart & Beethoven, I REALLY like Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

"Metal" doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

When I was little and taking piano lessons they gave me a piece called "Toccatina" that I really liked. I recently dug up a performance of it on YouTube and didn't remember it at all! :~( In high school chorus we sang Faure's Requiem, and I still think the Libera Me part is almost as good as rock 'n' roll. :~)

I'm pretty sure my mom made a remix of that song.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.