What are the MakeToLearn modules?

Hello all,
Recently, I've been looking at the Forums, and I noticed the "Art & Music" topics by @maketolearn. I looked at the documents and things, and they seemed super cool, but I'm still not quite clear on a couple of things- maybe could someone elaborate or explain?

1. Is this like an in-person coding class or something similar simply sharing their projects on Snap!?
  2. If it's not, can anyone submit projects? Do you need to sign up?

Thank you so much!

AFAIK You just read the articles and do the project and post it on the topic related to it.
@maketolearn

The Make to Learn modules are developed in the Make to Learn Laboratory at the University of Virginia. This work is based on the belief that making things - both digital and physical - is a great way to learn. These modules are used in a variety of ways - in a course, "Designing Art, Music, and Animations" offered at the University of Virginia, and at other universities, in courses in local community colleges, in high school and middle school classes in local schools, in summer workshops, and other ways. There is no special goal other than to support creative use of Snap! to develop art and music projects.

We have received a tremendous amount of help from the Snap! community as we have developed modules, and many of them are inspired by examples posted by Jens, Brian, Jagda, and others. Anyone can use the modules to submit projects on the Snap! forum; you don't need to sign up. By way of giving back, we're happy to provide support and answer questions.

The modules are not perfect, so we're also interested in any issues that you may encounter, and ways that we can improve the materials. We're happy to answer any other questions that you may have.

Awesome- thank you so much.

@pajamaclaws21 We really like your screenbands project!

Thank you! It's one of my favorites, too.