Volume of [sound] reporter?

It would be great to be able to report the current level of a specific playing sound (mp3) in real time.
It would be just like the microphone volume reporter. There may be a way around this, but I haven't been able to find it. I just don't want to point my microphone at my speakers, and use the microphone volume reporter.
volume of sound

If you want the volume of the current playing sound, there's no need for an input to select a sound. That makes it seem as if you want us to read through the entire sound and report the RMS sound level.

Even for the currently playing sound, do you want the level of the specific sample playing at the moment the block is called, or do you want something like a one-second average?

1 Like

I think I'm looking for the level of the specific sample playing the moment the block is called. Let's say I wanted to animate a virtual sound meter. I can very easily do that with the microphone, but I cannot figure out how to do the same when something pre-recorded is played. I have several ideas for projects that could utilize that reporter.