Vas is das?

So, I'm in snap and about to test some JS (I know that it's kinda frowned upon but I'm making a game where the main point of it is you can program in JS in the game) but when I open the console, this appears!
The number is rapidly increasing and I think this might be a bug. (number increasing means its being reported constantly) I haven't run any JS yet, and I'm on Microsoft Edge.

@bh, @jens, What do you think of this?

Huh, for me, it's always just once. Also, it's just some warning, which hasn't affected snap at all (or at least for me). It shows up regardless of if you're using js.

its probably something normal, and you should ignore it

I know it's probably something normal for snap, but I'm not sure if it's a bug and needs to be noticed by the devs.

Just from reading the message, it's something I'd expect to see when loading a costume. Are you doing a lot of that?

Nope, only using the turtle. After further inspection, I found out that it only happens once when I press the green flag, and after pressing a key, it starts warning infinitely, but if I stop the project, the warnings stop.

EDIT: After even further inspection, I found out it appears when I run the say() block.
Also here's the link to the project just because

When I test it out in the kiwi browser (android chrome, but I can use the console), it looks like it's just coming from the getMinimumFontHeight() function (I get a link to the line of code that triggered the warning).

I'm not saying it's a problem that needs to be fixed, because it's working fine. All that warning is saying, it can be (micro)optimized to run faster by setting a property to true, which will make it use a software canvas. Here's the link that it gives you with a better explanation: HTML Standard

I'm pretty sure jens has seen this warning, and probably has a good reason for not setting that property (maybe it breaks some snap rendering? I'm just saying that because there has been issues in the past about chrome breaking snap).

this is a bullshit warning, just ignore it. Browser makers nowadays don't have a clue how to handle interactive graphics, and this warning is just the opposite of what's actually going on.

Jens! >:(

he will probably delete this too

he deleted mine when i told him not to swear

Lots of flags on this post and the ones responding to it.

If y'all are confused about our policy on swearing it's because we're not clear on it either. Sorry.

Our original position, which I still believe in my heart, is that, unlike Scratch, we have a target audience of 12+, and so the occasional swear is okay, depending on the context. It's definitely not okay if you're calling someone names. And if you're an immature Scratch refugee who gets excited about being allowed to swear and so you post a string of projects whose entire purpose is swear words, pretty soon we'll get tired of you. But you're old enough that you've already heard all the swear words, and you probably use them among peers f2f. And I strongly believe that people should not be afraid of words in themselves, not even That Word, the one that you're not allowed to say in the general culture in any context whatsoever. (Again, calling people names is different.)

But then we got a clump of users with single digit ages, and a couple of them were seriously bent out of shape by swear words, so I reluctantly agreed that we wouldn't allow them.

But if you break that rule occasionally, and not attacking other users, so what. The worst thing we'll do is delete your post, or edit out the offending word. And that tolerance applies to adult users, too. :~)

P.S. I should emphasize that we don't know how old you are, unless you tell us explicitly in a post here, which you shouldn't.

P.P.S. As for criticizing the staff, we're adults, we can handle it; you're much more likely to be banned for attacking each other than for attacking us, even rudely, which this wasn't.

Here's my personal view on swearing. I will never swear because of my beliefs, but I am ok with other people occasionally swearing (pretty much every single video I watch on youtube has at least 1 swear word, so it's very hard to avoid), but if it's excessive, I'm not ok with that.

oh, youre saying we will get banban'd if we call people swears?

I'm saying you shouldn't call people names, swear words or otherwise. C'mon, you learned this in kindergarten. Focus less on how many toes you can get away with positioning past the line, and more about being a helpful, friendly, supportive member of the community. Why is this so hard?

i know NOT to be rude, or call people names

Great! So you won't risk being banned, and can stop asking about that. ;~)