User Talk for forums and main website (READ BEFORE REPLYING!)

also that’s not the nicest language

......bruh.

I’m just saying

ok.

That was actually due to the fact that it all happened while I was asleep.

Oh, I didn't know.

Soon™?

Thats how they want it to look, okay?

If you haven't updated your browser since 2020 you have a bigger problem

dude they're obviously talking about user talk for snap

some people, such as when i joined snap, aren't 13+, or its blocked on a restricted device, or so many other reasons why this wont work

:man_facepalming:

NOW, can we please all like chill?

Eh?

I don't think that's objectionable. It wasn't calling someone names, it was just expressing astonishment. If it had something else instead of "fudge" (e.g., "hot chocolate" :~) ) then maybe.

But, without using any specific bad words, some of the comments in this conversation do verge on calling people names:

Please everyone try to discuss the issues, not the personalities.

No, sorry.

Look:

1. We know that we need more ways for users to communicate.

2. Other things are higher priority right now, so it's not going to happen soon, but it is going to happen.

3. We are nervous about it because (a) we don't have staff time for moderation, and (b) we think that social media are not just stupid but evil, that the whole business of likes and follows and all that is deliberately designed to make people think emotionally rather than rationally so that they'll click more links and sell advertising. But see point 1 above.

4. Why isn't Snap! more popular? Just as we don't want you to engage in popularity contests, we don't want to, ourselves, either. We'll never be anywhere near as popular as Scratch because, to a first approximation, every primary school on Earth teaches Scratch, and also because programming computers isn't most kids' main hobby interest, and Scratch meets their needs, and that's fine. I think the Snap! community may be a little intimidating because everyone wants to talk about λ calculus (yay!) or about JavaScript (boo!).

5. There's nothing terrible about the occasional offtopic remark. (I'm not talking about deliberate hijacking of a thread to turn it into a different thread. That's kind of nasty.) I've been known to make offtopic remarks myself, even. 0:~) But if we all do that on every thread, it becomes impossible to read the actual on-topic stuff. That's why it has to be against the rules. I do think stuff like

(not consecutive) doesn't add that much to the discussion, compared to how much scroll space it takes up.
6. Assume good faith.

Yes, we can use Discord. But we choose not to. After all we're comfortable talking about...well...Snap! Projects here on the Forums instead! No IP Doxxing included :slight_smile:

14 posts were merged into an existing topic: Should (How should) Snap! be more popular, etc

i mean i use discord but not for snap, but i get your point

@luna.judah, I don't think anyone else is confused, just you. The title says what I want in general, and the post is the details and why I want it. Also, it WAS kinda related because Snap! is less popular than Scratch, and the more it actually becomes a better version of Scratch, the more popular it will get. Also, I agree with @mr_owlssssnap2 about the flame war thing, except it's called X now, not Twitter. Also from @mr_owlssssnap2, I use Discord as well, but just for Pizza Tower - related stuff. I have never heard of a Snap! Discord server. Going back to what you said concerning Turbowarp, his point WAS that it's popular because it's fast AND a mod of Scratch. What I want (the User Talks for forums and main website) is just one of the many steps that need to be taken. Heck, enough stuff from Scratch, Turbowarp, etc. added could send us above everything else! The only thing left would be a way to convert Scratch/Turbowarp/... projects to Snap!. That already exists for Scratch 3.0, but not for the other stuff. But that's a different story.

@luna.judah, I was talking about if it will be a part of Snap!, or if it will be a branch to Snap! like Snap! is itself a branch of Scratch. @codegang, yes I've heard of snappinator, why?

because it converts scratch projects to snap

i ll just publish here in forum refactored version. it won't be a "mod", nor some branch. its almost done btw.

@codegang, I already knew that. @luna.judah, can't wait for when it's done!

Ok, now we need to get back to the actual topic

42 posts were split to a new topic: ∞ and NaN