Turbo Implementation Question

Hey there,
I'm not sure if this belongs here or not, but it seemed to fit the best.
I'm wondering about how turbo mode is implemented in Snap's source.
This project shows weird behavior when using turbo mode. I'd assume that the increasing value of the timer variable with the move function should simply become a spiral, yet it becomes this strange oscillating pattern.
I believe it has to do with the move blocks that reference the "move" variable. Increasing the value seems to have a direct effect on the thickness of the line.

Anyway, thanks for your time and I'm looking forward to seeing what other applications Turbo Mode has cool effects on!

All the best,
yna2jd

I think I know the reason why Turbo Mode is bugging your project, and oh, spoiler alert: has nothing to do with Turbo Mode.

I can see that in the project you're using the "Timer" block, which is NOT affected by Turbo Mode in any way. You're using the Timer to move the Turtle Sprite, but you're using something else to rotate the Sprite. Because of this everything is out-of-sync and thus the project exhibits such weird behaviours you described.

I hope this helped. Oh yeah you should post this in Snap! Editor but whatever. I can see you're still getting familiar with Snap!'s Forums System, which is alright.

I agree with slate_technologies, timer vs turbo mode is the problem, you can easily replace the timer by a variable, just increase the variable in the repeat block (by a small value)

and you get this :

(the block remap block isin't necessary at all...)