Traumst: A text-based adventure

Hey snappers!

This is the first game I've ever created. It's a short, simple, type-command escape room game with a mini-game end-boss. I had a lot of fun making it and I've been told it's enjoyable, so I figured I'd share it here. I've considered tweaking it by making the boss two levels of different difficulties (one easier and one harder) but decided to keep it where it is. I don't think I'll be messing with it anymore, but I'd still love to hear feedback.

Enjoy!

https://snap.berkeley.edu/embed?project=Traumst&user=evanemmanuel&showTitle=true&showAuthor=true&editButton=true&pauseButton=true

Kind of...difficult.

Can you at least make some sort of list that shows the text and options?

Did you even play the game..?

Its good! I like it! I like how you have to use the roman numerals and numbers in the book to unlock the dial

I did

Then you should have seen that it says "help to repeat this list" and in that menu it says "search to search an item, use to use an item, and help to repeat this list

Well it's kinda repetitive and boring to do. I almost feel like an office worker.

Awesome. Was the boss too difficult?

I laughed out loud at this. Yeah, it’s a type-based game so it’s kinda heavy on the key inputs. You can use some shortcuts, though, like bs for bookshelf.

I didnt get to finish it, I accidentally clicked a bookmark instead of a different tab I was doing something else in, and got mad and forgot about it lol

bullsh-

oh

i love the irs is my new favorite best easter egg. nice project btw. your code looks like the aftermath of an explosion but your charismatic nature somehow holds it all together.

mi no hablos espanol?
please say that again, but in readable english lol

Here's what he basically said.

Your code looks messy, but it's charming nature makes up for it.

Or at least that's what I got from it. Remember, if you don't understand a word (like charismatic), just google it.

ah okay

Bit impatient.

When a game is text-based, it will have a list that jots down some commands and such. It won't say the commands and then delete them...

Thanks. You should see my apartment…

still cleaner than my code XD