Tips and Tricks for Variadic Block Inputs

Here's a short clip explaining how to use a new feature which allows you to insert and delete items in the middle of a list.

I'd watch it except my wi-fi is coming from maybe 10-20 meters away and thus the signal isn't strong enough. (oscillating between poor and fair, with the occasional out-of-range.)

That was a nice video. Hope you guys make more videos showcasing tips and tricks.

That's the plan!

This isn't anything new, this has been here...

How is this a helpful thing to say?

It's new to me.

True.

The goal is to collect all the things that surprise people when one of us does a demo and makes use of a non-obvious feature. Things like shift-clicking the variadic input arrowheads to add or drop three slots at a time. That's been in Snap! from the beginning, but still surprises a lot of people.

The tricky part is going to be figuring out how to organize the collection to make it browsable, not just searchable for a specific feature -- by hypothesis you don't know the feature exists!

Well that just surprised me. I've been using snap for a few years (since snap 5.4), and never knew about that.

Maybe we should organize a Reference Manual scavenger hunt...

Great idea. It might help me learn new things, as I still haven't read the Reference Manual. I'm not sure if I'd even do it though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.