The greatest text based game in snap textopolis

in textopolis you can explore a world with a size you choose and get to explore i am going to add mining placing etc. i would like some feedback on how its going so far
link:Snap! Build Your Own Blocks

I’ve now added mining and stone

added deep stone

after so many failed attempts i finally added an inventory the next step will be placing

i made placing work i had a video of me making it but then my stupid recording thing made my voice unrecognizable so i had to scrap everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just put subtitles

yeah but im using the xbox recording thing so i dont think i can do that also did you enjoy the game

it's a bit confusing and feels unfinished, but with a little work this game could become something i'd really enjoy

tl;dr nearly

how could i make it less confusing

huge announcement structures are being added to the game ive worked for a while and they are half way done i will soon finish them this includes trees, hills, houses and more

This game is weird...whenever I press a key on my keyboard the player just keeps on runnin'! Hm...

it only has touch controls at the moment

i think that using a list isn't a bad idea, but it involves a few problems, 1) you have to manually slide on the table to see your character, 2) you have to resize the list cuz when you starts the game, it doesn't cover the entire scene, 3) the list may hide controls button and therefore, make it impossible to play 4)(not rlly a problem yet but may become one once multiplayer is added) since the whole map is on a list, you could see anywhere at any time, so if other players are trying to do something without you knowing it, it would be impossible

true but the goal was to make a table/list based game

i think that you could have a list for the entire map, and a list that only shows blocks that would be shown if the camera was always centered on the player (but that would require a lot of updates, then :/)

i agree.

rip my leg :​(

I was think everything a certain distance away would be turned into a list so they couldn’t see it