Text above ask inputs is just plain text

If you put a ring in the [scratchblocks]ask [] and wait[/scratchblocks] block, it works fine on sprites, but not for hidden sprites and the stage. I wonder why?

(sorry if this topic is already posted by someone else)

I don't think it's meant to work at all; you're just lucky when it does work. :~)

Clarification: So if you put something other than text on the ask and wait block, it appears in a speech bubble normally like the say block. But if the sprite is hidden or it is done on the stage, the text appears above the input bar. But that text doesn't support things other than text (Booleans, sprites, costumes, sounds (just an eighth note) and ringed blocks)

If you still don't understand, try both of these scripts below and notice something?

ask (this script) and wait

hide
ask (this script) and wait

(scratchblocks doesn't work for some reason)

scratchblocks does not allow blank lines (or at least the forum plugin).

[scratchblocks]
ask (this [script v] :: control) and wait
[/scratchblocks]

[scratchblocks]
hide
[/scratchblocks]

[scratchblocks]
[/scratchblocks]

[scratchblocks]
hide
[/scratchblocks]

(there has to be a line between the two scratchblocks tags)

Oh I see. I'm not sure what you expect us to do about this. Allow non-text in those text headers? Put the object into an unattached speech balloon?

Yeah, allow these non-text in those headers.

Weird. Even though it works if one tries to do that on the scratchblocks page to test. It doesn't on the forum plugin.

OK, thank you for the suggestion. We agree in principle with allowing any kind of data where text belongs, and have done some of that, e.g., in speech balloons. Probably the next step in that direction will be any data in comments (those yellow rectangles you can attach to code). Your particular case seems low priority to me, so don't hold your breath, but maybe eventually.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.