Temperature anomalies 1880-2019

Building a graphical representation of the temperature anomalies from 1880-2019.
This was taken from an idea from Antti Lipponen an can be seen on this website.

On top of this representation I like to show the actual year from the variable year I made.
I tried an extra clone to write the year but the year has to be cleared...witch erases everything on the stage. I tried the library Text costumes to [tell] another sprite to switch its costume to the next year...as a result the balls on the stage get smeared out and become blurry.

Here is the project: temp_anomalies

Thank you.

a) use variable displays
b) organize your code cleaner so there is only one script,one clean command,and its on the top of the event loop

I have a block that uses a matrix font to make a costume that doesn't use the pen

It might be useful for you

untitled script pic (38)

Thank you...could you send me your block so I can give it a try?

Thanks, the script is in the image :+1:

the best option for this project would probably be to not use clones, use the main sprite, move it around, and use the pen with that
as a bonus it'll likely run better and will get rid of those halos around the dots if you clear before each draw

(i went and did it myself and since i got stuck on this for a bit i think i should mention it: don't mix up the run block and the launch block)

Thanks everyone, eventually the broadcast block did the trick.
untitled script pic

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.