Syncing animation with movement.

I have a GIF that is multiple costumes in a sprite. The GIF is a moving pixel man. Main issue is, moving while the running animation plays feels out of sync of how fast the animation is running.

Is there any example solution for how I can maintain a steady animation and sync that to movement speed? Or am I stuck having "slidey" animation.

You'd just have to experiment with different timed frames. It would be helpful for me to see what animation script you're using.

The scheduler is completely deterministic, so you should be able to make it work. What you need to understand is that during each display cycle, each script gets one time through whatever loop it's in. You can imagine that there's a "yield" block at the bottom of every script in a FOREVER, REPEAT, or REPEAT UNTIL. If one of those scripts is FOREVER[NEXT COSTUME] then each frame will be one time through each loop. If that isn't what you want, then you'll have to do the NEXT COSTUME precisely where in your code you want it to happen.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I'm coming from Python/Scratch so knowing how this works is informative.