Sounds not stopping when restarting project

1. What browsers show this problem? Google Chrome. Haven't tested any others.
  2. Please share an example project (if possible). Not possible.
  3. Describes the steps to reproduce this issue. Step 1: Make a "play sound until done" block run when the green flag is clicked. Step 2: Click the green flag. Step 3: Click the green flag again.
  4. What does Snap! currently do? The sound does not stop. It just keeps playing along with the second sound made when you clicked the green flag a second time. It's basically like listening to 2 identical sounds at the same time.
  5. What should Snap! do instead? Stop any sounds currently playing when the green flag is clicked another time.

I feel like the sound started so fast that it seemed as if it never stopped. But I maybe wrong.

If you want something to stop, wouldn't it be more natural to press the stop button than the green flag?

With very few exceptions (the only one I remember right now is about temporary clones), we try not to treat the green flag as special. It just broadcasts a message, using the same mechanism as any other message, but its name is a picture instead of text.

Do you have some special reason for wanting the green flag to stop sounds? (Please don't say "that's what Scratch does.")

It is extremely easy to make the sounds restart when the green flag is clicked:
[scratchblocks]
when greenFlag clicked :: control hat
stop all sounds
[/scratchblocks]

nope its "shout__go"
:frowning: stupid md parser dosent let me type downscores

1 Like

i thought green flag meant restart project, including sounds

I use google chrome. No problems.

hmmm....press the stop button to stop sounds(Or full project). Then press the flag button to restart sound(or full project). Sorry if I missread anything...I am tired.

did you use a long sound to test the issue, or a sound that would end before you click it another time?

Yes, in fact, I used a song that I turned into a loop. It was 3:49 minutes long, posted the project. No problems at all.