Somebody is trying to hack everyone!

It happened to me.

That's not true. When you try to log in, you can select "forgot password" which sends a password reset link to the user's email.

email* not everyone uses gmail.

k

It's a common mistake (and everyone knows what gmail is, even if they don't use it)

true.

When I got spammed with temporary password emails from NetsBlox, I emailed brian. He said it was most likely a "juvenile prank". Its probably the same person.

Edit: got another email
Edit: And another

This list will probably go on and on and on for at least 50 times.

Yes, exactly.

People, please try not to post panicky messages every time you get a password reset email you didn't ask for. It's no big deal. Just delete the email and get on with your life.

I don't often check the e-mail and this message is only one:

I got this, but ignored it.

I got the same thing.

Email is not confidential though. Anyone who is between snap and the email server could access both the links and the passwords. It should let you upload a PGP key on account creation, and not allow password resets if you don't have one.

I sent bh an email, and this was his response
I think we will be fine

I know. But we just need to identify this hacker who keeps trying to change everyone's passwords.

true. I bet its that spammer.

Not hacker. Spammer.

I think I have some theories as to how this spammer is spamming us.

They took all our accounts' names from the Snap! Forums and entered it into the Snap! website. Then they repeatedly clicked on the "Forgot Password" button to send those emails.

no, really
Probably

There's really no way to do so, unless they rewrite the code to get the IP address of everyone who clicks "forgot password"... but then
A) someone could get wrongly banned
B) it would take too much time

yeah true