(SOLVED-ish)

or he's just not on right now

Just because someone hasn't responded doesn't mean they have muted the topic. People have lives, and they don't stay at the computer 24/7 watching you talk.

I know but bh has not replied to this for something I think 14 hours?

Can you help me with this saving and loading HTML textboxes submitted by user?

https://snap.berkeley.edu/project?user=earthrulerr&project=Earths%20Help%20Desk

I honestly have no idea who knows how to do it.

Maybe cloud Vars would work but I do not know how to use them in this case.

They don't have to reply if they don't have to; that doesn't mean that he muted the topic.

Is this one different? How would I load the answers though that just saves them right?

Note: text/javascript should be application/javascript

But I have done that one before and it did not work Helicoptur, we need a different one and that one can not load the saved data.

One again would HTML data list work for this?

Maybe they would be able to choose Bug Report, Suggestion, other then a text box would show up and they would be able to write their Report, suggestion, etc down but how would I load it?

It seems we find how to save it but we can't find the loading🤔

Why did you reply to me and not @helicoptur?

Because this is a topic that needs multiple people to help from how complicated the loading is and the fact that not many see to know how to do the loading but just the saving.

You should use <select>, not <datalist>.

Good grief. I'm going to have to start logging in here just once a month or something to lower your expectations. I do sometimes have other things to do. Such as sleep for example, but other things too.

I think I'm pretty good about giving answers when I know answers, but (unlike some of you!) I don't feel the need to post "I don't know how to do this either" just to see my name in the forum.

I am most likely to know an answer, and be motivated to share it, when the question is about Snap! itself, or about computer science, rather than about how to do things in HTML, CSS, JS, Python, Perl, PHP, etc., just wrapping a JS Function block around your other-language program.

Sometimes you really have to put a little JS one-liner in a Snap! project. An example I'm thinking about a lot right now is the Colors and Crayons library, which has 20-someodd blocks written entirely in Snap!, built on top of RGB COLOR and SET PEN TO R:G:b: which are JS one-liners from the old, old colors library.

About the copy-and-paste question, my best guess is that people are trying to copy and paste entire block pictures, rather than copy and paste text from a white input slot in the block. If that's not the problem, I'm down to Microsoft-quality user help ideas, e.g., try a different browser. Reboot the operating system. Buy a new computer.

About how to make a web page in Snap!, yes, I don't think that's stupid; it's the whole idea behind App Inventor, which people love. But what's great about App Inventor is that you can build your apps entirely in blocks; you don't have to learn Javascript or HTML. If one of you JS lovers were to implement App Inventor as a Snap! library, that would be awesome, but not awesome enough for me to put a lot of time into it, and I guess not awesome enough for Jens to put any time into it.

App Inventor has a designer interface which would mean modding the Snap! entirely.

I don't mean it has to be exactly the same in every detail. I'm happy to use our own UI. I just meant to implement the blocks.

So is App Inventor something that is used to create Snap! Mod/extensions?

Im gonna look into it.

Ok I guess I will just use the ask block and cloud vars for this.

Edit: How would I make it so I can load cloud vars in the other project?

No.

Ya know what I am gonna research a lot until I find the solution.

Solved-ish✅

It's a program like Scratch where you can code apps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.