Solid line separator

send a script pic of the code. thats not working

yeah for some reason script pics seem to be bugging out recently

yeah now i have no clue what he did

If I'm understanding what you're after here, I think it's kind of a wrongheaded thing to want. Namely, it sounds like you're trying to recreate the Scratch notion of a list being a special kind of variable, so every list has a name. But they don't do that because they think it's the right thing; they do it because in Scratch lists aren't first class values. You can't use a list as part of a larger expression, as in

So you don't "hav[e] to always input a variable"! Using menus of variable names as inputs to list-domain functions makes no more sense than using menus of variable names as inputs to any other kind of function.
Monosnap Snap! Streams library v2 wip 2024-06-09 08-57-44

no im allowing the function of how snap lists work with the addition of instead of dragging out a variable it has that option there.

what im adding is just a little bit of convenience im not changing the current functionality of lists tho

Whatever. Do what you want, but I still say, why are lists different from any other kind of data with respect to "dragging out a variable"?

because i thought to do lists. whats wrong with what im doing. it adds a lot of convenience

It's okay. Do what you want. It just feels to me like a regression to Scratch. But, you do you.

just because scratch has the feature doesnt make it bad. and the snap! list functionality still works

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.