So why was coder_07 banned

today @coder_07 contacted me on scratch stating they where ip banned. is anyone aware of why this happened. they tried contact us but it just gave them a 403

just to be clear im not advocating for an unban if what they did was justified. im just a sort of proxy convaying info

alright ill ask

they can view the fourms but cant login to them

one moment i asked about what it looks like when they try to log in

if they attempt to log in it takes them to a 403 page. they are also here right now

"when i try to log in to the forums it takes me to the 403 page again, in the editor it just says i've been ip banned" - coder 07

theres no appeal link from what i can tell
" there's no date or time for me to be unbanned, and no contact info" -coder 07

they also didnt do anything with the url block

this is a snap ip ban not scratch

they didnt even use the url block so theres no way it could have been that

i think this can only be solved by the devs

they uploaded a few screenshots
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/912021241/

theyve requested i @bh for this

It's been three hours since the beginning of this thread! I think you guys have unrealistic expectations about how quickly I read the forum. I do once in a while have to eat and sleep!

You're probably right that we should include an appeal link in ban messages. Meanwhile, contact@snap.berkeley.edu will work.

I don't know why this account was banned but I'll try to find out.

i didnt request it lol!

I’m back, but there’s an issue. I can’t send the email on scratch because of the filter!

I’ll see if I can get them to see this

Just send them the link to the contact page
https://snap.berkeley.edu/contact

No, when I was IP banned from the forums and community site I could access both (idk about the same time though), I just couldn't log in.

As someone who has been IP banned from both the forums and community site, when you go to the community site, you will get a pop up that says something along the lines of, "Cannot fetch projects. Your IP has been blocked," and no projects will load, and you cannot log in. Trying to go to a project url will result in a popup in the project player that says "Failed to fetch project {project name}. Your IP has been blocked." with a red cloud icon.

Edit: My home IP was banned two years ago. Last year, in August, it was unbanned, so I don't exactly remember everything

oh

I had this happen to me a while ago.