Snapp! Author App problem (Mac)

Ah, does that mean you're in Brisbane? I figured it'd be around 10 for you now.

Uh oh was I not supposed to say that?

Well I guess this is the end, not sovled. :frowning:

Nah victoria somewhere near melborne (rather not say) now 8:34. I'll be on scratch my mail is blowing up for some reason.

Nah. Talking about Brisbane , someone from that place tried logging into my apple ID!

gotta go
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 8.37.40 pm

G'night.

Well morning for you?
Bye

4AM, but haven't been to sleep yet. I'll sleep all morning probably.

lol

Good morning!

(Got to go physically school tomorrow, whyyyyyy!!)

Sorry, I don't pity you at all for getting to get out of the house. :~(

I like my house :~(

I like my house, too, but I haven't left it in going on two months now!

But we should set a good example and not kidnap a thread for chitchat.

I have left plenty of time during lock down for shopping >:(
But on the good side of going to school is getting to see friends

I guess you are sleeping but maybe I could try to help you. :slight_smile:
First of all, before I start asking you questions, I do not have a Mac, only Windows.
Now, questions and facts-

1. nwjs.io is what Snapp! seems to be using to run apps. It has many other uses like this, too.

2. Where exactly have you put your app or game?

3. Does your app or game have "/" in its name? I don't understand what Brian is aiming to do with that.

4. What are you using as a terminal? Something like Command Prompt on Windows?

I have stayed at home way more than you! I am at home since the last three months! I just went out once for my eye-checkup.

Slashes are used in Unix-format filenames to separate subdirectories. So on the Mac when you have an application named foo.app (which appears as just foo in the Finder), the application is really just a directory (a folder, if you're young) and the pieces of the app, which include an actual executable program, are in subdirectories. In particular the executable is generally in
foo.app/Contents/MacOS/foo
This is the first time I've seen an executable that didn't have the same name as the app itself.

Daniel is presumably using Terminal, which, yes, is like Command Prompt, more specifically like how it worked in ancient times when Windows was an application built on top of DOS, and its Command Prompt just handled the window management for a DOS process. MacOS is built on top of NetBSD, which is a free clone of Unix comparable to Linux, so Terminal just opens a window to the regular Unix shell.

(I have X11 running on my Mac, so I prefer to use its xterm shell app.)

Same for me. :thinking:

@danielthebanana4 You can try dragging and adding it to applications, then going to settings, and going into Privacy and Security, and with admin control, click the button to override. (Bottom left) Then try opening the file.

Me not admin