Snap!shot 2020

Hi guys,
Can you please tell me how I can join the conference for the Snap!shot? I have been chosen to show my project through the conference, but I cannot find out how to join there on that day. I don't at all want to miss the conference so I decided to ask you guys now.
Thanks

Hi!

The first step is for you to register, at snapcon.org. You have an account on that site (which is different from having a Snap! account), so log in there and register for Snap!shot. It's free but you have to "buy" a free ticket and then use that to register.

We'll send out an email tomorrow with the Zoom and Ohyay coordinates.

Hi @bh,
I seem to have done that already. Also, do I need to have an account on Ohyay? I have an account on Zoom, but not on Ohyay. And, are we going to be using Zoom or Ohyay? I don't think we can use both at the same time...
Thanks

P.s. this is a totally random question but do you possibly know how many people are going to be at the snapshot 2020? I know it's a random question :crazy_face:

Lots of questions here...

1. I don't see any record of your registration, either under your Snap! username or under your email (the one you used to sign up with Snap!). Could you either tell me how you registered or do it again? Remember, you have to "buy" a free ticket and then use it to register.

2. We are using Zoom for presentations and Ohyay for the "corridor" for side conversations. I'm pretty sure you don't need to sign up with Ohyay but I'll double check.

3. As of this moment there are 100 registrations. A few of those are duplicates or tests of the software but that number is close to correct.

Ok thanks, bh. I will make another registration. :smiley:

I have tried doing that, bh, but it takes me to a website that (i think) is where you report bugs or something. It is here: https://www.snapcon.org/accounts/auth/discourse/callback?sso=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&sig=61c9c7d72491dde1701d557841e7d43b817a0d2f58054bc970c7c8102d7083fa I know that it is such a long web page name, but it takes me here and I don't know what to do. It takes me there because of an apparent "internal server error" with error 500. Can you please help?

Thanks.

Oh, bh, I have now managed to register to the Snap!shot and therefore please ignore the above message. :slight_smile: Also, please let me know if my registration has gone through or if it hasn't. If it hasn't, I will try again.
Thanks.

Yes, congratulations, you're registered.

I think that weird URL has to do with a server reboot just recently.

See you tomorrow... (Dunno what time zone you're in but it's been Friday for me for 17 minutes now.)

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I am in the UK time zone (Greenwich Meridian) so what time will the conference be for me?

5pm UTC

2020-12-12T17:00:00Z

That's cute! Where does it come from?

@bh ??????? What is cute??? :thinking::rofl:

The time-zone-sensitive time display in his message.

Wait what is snapshot

Really? We've been talking about it here for months, and the past few days it's been the banner at the top of all forum pages. But you missed it -- it was earlier today.

Thanks! Nice seeing you today.

I saw it i just didnt understand exactly what it meant.
Li

Every summer we have a several-day-long Snap!Con conference. We decided waiting a year to bring the community together was too long, so today for the first time we had a shorter one-day Snap!shot mini-conference, in which all the talks were just five minutes and if you want to know more about one of the topics you get in touch with the presenter in a side conversation.

We recorded the whole event, so you'll be able to see it shortly; there will be an announcement here when the video is uploaded.

Today's presenters were almost all adults, but I'm hoping that over time we'll have more kid presenters.