Snap [scratchblocks] Tutorial (Part 2)

Sounds like something you experts could take on: start with Scratchblocks and change it to be Snap!blocks.

Are you including me in that? (I might be able to make it, but I'd need to know if it's open-source. (it probably is, but I don't want to take any risks.))

Yes of course I'm including you! You seem to be taking this thread most seriously.

As for open-sourceness, if you can read the source, it's open source! That's what "open source" means. :~) That doesn't tell you if it's free to reuse, but Tim's our friend and I'm sure he won't mind, especially since it'll mean I start bugging you rather than him about what isn't working. :~P

I'd need to know more JS to make any changes to it bigger than, say, making E] a synonym for []. (BTW E] is my idea for list inputs)

It took me a moment to figure out why, but yeah, that's really clever.

Who else are you including?

Thanks!

Wouldn’t forking it be a maintenance headache? :stuck_out_tongue:

But I'm pretty sure if I forked it I would be the one doing maintenance, instead of you. Plus bh said this in a reply to me:

Edit: [offtopic]Everything on blob.codes except for "dirwacab keeps" is something about tosh.[/offtopic]

That’s true! I do a lot of writing these days, but it’s mostly at work, not on the public Internet :see_no_evil:

I just saw a <sb version="2"> tag in the Scratch Wiki. I'll see if it works here:
[scratchblocks version="3"]
a
[/scratchblocks]
No it doesn't.

a

Still not.

a

Ugh.
(abs ()::operators)
Still not. I copied this one straight from the wiki itself.

Huh.

Oh, you know, everyone in this thread.

Oh.

I was assuming you were done working on Scratchblocks, so it's not as if we'd have two diverging efforts. If I'm wrong, feel free to keep Scratchblocks up to date with respect to Snap!. (:~P yourself.)

What were you expecting me to say? :~)

I was expecting you to give a list of usernames.

No, of course I'm not going to do that. I'd leave someone out, either by accident or deliberately, and the someone would feel awful and embittered and end up shooting everyone at his school and it'd be my fault.

Surely you're joking, right?

Well the part at the end is a joke, but the beginning is real. I'm not going to draw a line around an official group of experts.

I just realized that "everyone in this thread" is technically a reference to an unsaid list(actually what I, used to Python, would call a set) of people. But that list(set) is mutable. I saw @dardoro replying here recently but he hasn't actually replied. If he had, he would have added himself to that list(set).

Edit: He was already in the list(set).