Snap! Jr: Snap! For Youngsters! (Version 2.0.0) (Part 3)

But what could I help with.

Please first follow the directions :slight_smile:

Done, but what can I help with.

I'll see. :slight_smile:

Ok

Capssssss. Also click the sus link Joe sent earlier.

Follow the instructions carefully.

Wdym?

See this post:
https://snapjr.wixsite.com/snapjr/forum/main/comment/61383357a88857001610966d

You should make .IO for Snap! Jr. because I do not think young children will be able to download files then open them..

I will get to that when Snap! Jr. is officially released.

Oh ok.

1. I'm not an admin.
  2. I still can't seem to post in the dev category.

About the name: You should be aware that we know of two other things called "Snap! Jr": one from Arduino and one from BirdBrain. It's totally okay with us for you to be the third, but be aware that people may get confused down the road.

(When I say "we" I don't mean myself, else I would have said this weeks ago. I just learned about it.)

You don’t need admin to be a dev.
Check the groups tab..

@joecooldoo, before logging in a alert should pop up saying this.

Note to users of Snap! Jr. :

Welcome! If you don't know, COPPA stands for Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. It is issued by the US government and we must comply with it. To make it easier for us please follow these rules:

NOTE: These rules only apply if your under 13 in the US. If you live somewhere else you are responsible for following the regulations of your country.

1. Get parent or guardian to enter their email when signing up.
  2. Do not post any personal information (

This is what personal information is.

• First and last name;
  • A home or other physical address including street name and name of a city or town;
  • Online contact information;
  • A screen or user name that functions as online contact information;
  • A telephone number;
  • A Social Security number;
  • A persistent identifier that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites or online services;
  • A photograph, video, or audio file, where such file contains a child’s image or voice;
  • Geolocation information sufficient to identify street name and name of a city or town; or
  • Information concerning the child or the parents of that child that the operator collects online from the child and combines with an identifier described above.

to the login screen. Also I know how I will help development. I will be Developer Relations and working on the Snap! Jr. isn’t there a way to make it so I can edit the site too? If so I could work on the website. Developer Relations: Forums and group moderation and help desk.

Thanks to @sir_kitten2 for the COPPA notice.

Sure!

I will think about it.

part 4 is coming up.
hey how is the dev thing for me going

@sir_kitten2, can you write me a TOS?
Snap! Jr. Licence: GNU Affero General Public License

Announcement:

I have added the COPPA Notice to the login screen, and I will add it to the signup screen as well. The TOS has not been written yet, I am waiting for @sir_kitten2 to write it up for me.

To the Developers:
The development category in the Snap! Jr. Forum will soon allow access to those who have the "Development Team" Badge.