Snap! Editor in Snap!

The part I am troubled on with forever block is the connecting.

why?
and the hide block does not show up on the bg when you start.

I’ll look into it.

Edit: it is for me

I saw this and decided to help. I'll put a link to my version soon.

Thanks.

It initially wasn’t supposed to be a colab… but oh well I guess it is now!

Link to my version here.

They aren’t connecting.

I say we make a remake off of the version I made and make a connecting system that is less laggy.

I know. It's buggy at the moment.

I built it off your version.

I say a less laggy connecting system. Hm, maybe we set a var for each block to their connecting x and y then whenever they are close to other blocks they connect by using that var - some y

It's now improved. 10 as the distance just wasn't enough. And other fixes. But it's still indev.

If you want to be able to put blocks into blocks, you're going to need a way to 'expand' the outer block, so that it can fit the entirety of the inner block. For example:

move (10) steps
move ((x) + (10)) steps

The second block is much wider than the first one - the 'move' and 'steps' labels are further apart.

A way to do this might be to have two sprites represent the block - one sprite has the first part labelled 'move', and one has the second part, labelled 'steps'. Then, when a longer block is dragged in, you move the 'steps' part further away so that the block can fit in between the two parts.

we are continuing?

im try to put @warped_wart_wars SAY block in the one we are making but I can't figure it out

I was thinking a 9patch would work, but more inputs require more parts, and I might end up with a block that needs, say, a 21patch.

What exactly can't you figure out about it?

Well, uh, I decided to completely restart almost everything, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... Snap! 6.9.2 Build Your Own Blocks. Got positioning to work!

The position isn't quite right for the snapping.

It is adjustable, I just threw this project together