Snap!Con 2021 Starts In Less than One Day!

Snap!Con 2021 is less than a day, and we have a few tips and reminders for you:

Snap!Con Program

View the conference program on snapcon.org, or the schedule as a spreadsheet.

Spread the Word

If you haven't yet told your friends and relatives to join the conference, you can use the following text to encourage them to register:

Come to Snap!Con 2021!

It's not too late to register!

The Conference will take place online from Thursday, July 29 to Sunday, August 1, 2021. There will be five hours of program for each of the four days of the conference, with breaks in between. Additionally, reserve Tuesday, July 27 and Wednesday, July 28 for the Young Thinkers pre-conference day with hands-on workshops for teens.

Get your tickets for Snap*!*Con 2021, submit your proposals, and find more information at the conference website: https://www.snapcon.org/

We look forward to seeing you online this week!

Joining a Conference Session

All sessions will be held over Zoom. Find what the Zoom URL is for a session by navigating to the event on the program, and clicking the link under the presenter names called “Join Event Now”. Please note that you must be logged into snapcon.org to see these buttons. This also applies to your own sessions. (Before an event you'll see a link that says "Click to Join During Event".

Tip! Click on the star next to each event to build your personal schedule. (If you don't see any stars, you'll need to sign in.)

Hallway Track

Throughout the entire conference (and in the hours between the days) we'll have a virtual "Hallway" track using a new tool ohyay.

Click on the join event link on the 'Hallway Track' (or break) for each day. When you're in ohyay, there's rooms that you can move between. Some rooms will have just chat boxes, others will have video on.

Snap! Forum

We have a decided Snap!Con 2021 category in the Snap*!* Forum.

Feel free to post messages during an after events.

Birds of a Feather

We have space for a few more Birds of a Feather sessions on Sunday. BOFs are discussions around a common interest. If you'd like to organize a BOF, simply post in the Snap!Con forum.

Session Recordings

Each session will be recorded and will be available after the conference linked to each session in the program. We will send an announcement after the conference when all recordings are published.

Show Your Project

On Sunday, August 1st, we're going to host a session where everybody is welcome to jump on stage and show a project they've made in Snap! to the whole audience.

You'll be able to sign up for the session on the Snap! forum, even during the conference for last-minute work. Please keep presentations under five minutes -- and no slides! We want to see your project running.

We are very much looking forward to seeing everyone very soon! Please feel free to reach out to conference@snapcon.org with any questions.

— The Snap*!*Con Team

@cycomachead Hey, Does your event "Escape room" use ohyay?

Also, what is Birds of a Feather

a bird on a feather
not off topic

Read here.

Oh Snap! I registered for the conference on my phone and used the wrong google account to log in. Is there a way to connect it to the account I used last year without paying for another registration?

Debby (wasn't quite awake when I signed up) Kurti

is the new update going during snapcon?

Jens has just said that it's still in testing - not going to be pushed out during conference

ok I was just wondering.

@cycomachead ?